ForeSights: Stores on Wheels - The next-generation mobile concept bringing retail closer to the consumer
ForeSights: Stores on Wheels, is part of GlobalData's ForeSights series, which identifies weak signals and considers how the subtle trends of today might impact innovation tomorrow.
A retail store can be moved from place to place to reach its customers directly. The evolving concept has already been proven in some markets with existing demand, and there are opportunities to further capitalize on cutting-edge technology, such as artificial intelligence (AI)-operated self-driving vehicles and checkout systems.
Reasons to buy
- Grocery and convenience stores can increase accessibility to consumers through mobile formats.
- Self-driving technology and AI are likely to make the concept even more viable going forward.
- Cutting-edge technology can help to enhance the shopping experience and build customer loyalty.
- The concept of stores on wheels creates opportunities for retailers to gain access to new customers, and physically engage with those who otherwise shop online.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What?
- 3. Why?
- 4. Take-Outs
- 5. Appendix