Heavyside DIY 2016; Market size, market forecast and recommendations
Consumers are driving steady increases in Heavyside DIY spend. The allure of innovative new products and an appreciation of the benefits of careful investment is helping the category to grow, in spite of an ongoing climate of weak confidence and general lack of appetite for major expenditure.
Even with ongoing uncertainty over the housing market and ‘Brexit’, shoppers are able to find value in heavy DIY expenditure.
- Decline in major projects Consumers have restricted appetites for certain major projects such as new driveways, replacing windows, decking garden areas and making alterations to the internal layout of a house. These projects are particularly impacted because they do not necessarily add much value and this has hit demand for products such as windows and building materials.
- Focus on design Over the last five to eight years, consumers have become more savvy and there has been an increased focus on value for money. In Heavyside DIY this has boosted demand for cheap products that are still able to dramatically improve the function and appearance of a house, such as underfloor heating and vertical radiators.
- Environmentally friendly, efficient products Awareness of value for money, as well as a gradual trend towards environmentally friendly products, has also boosted more environmentally friendly, efficient products, such as insulation and cladding, both of which can reduce heating bills.
- More use of tradesmen A greater understanding of the benefits of DIY, developed over the last five years, has also brought greater appreciation of what skilled tradesmen can do. The proportion of consumers hiring tradesmen in the past 24 months has increased
“The Home Retail Series – Heavyside DIY July 2016”, a Home Retail series report by Verdict Retail, provides an executive-level overview of the Heavyside DIY market today, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Heavyside DIY market, analyzing key trends in the market based consumer data from Verdict Retail.It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and forecast size for Heavyside DIY in the UK, with an overview regional analysis.
- Evaluation of major retailers and forecast; analysis of the major Heavyside DIY retailers in the UK market and an evaluation of their outlook and future prospects.
- Summary of main influences; an overview on the factors driving the evolution of the Heavyside DIY market.
- This Home Retail Series report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the Heavyside DIY market based on findings from Verdicts annual bespoke consumer survey and analyst insight.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand and succeed in the challenging Heavyside DIY market.
- THE MARKET
- THE RETAILERS
- THE CONSUMER