Effective Date: May 24, 2018
In accordance with its necessary business practices MarketResearch.com, Inc. collects and processes personal data relating to its customers. MarketResearch.com, Inc. is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data, and to meeting its data protection obligations as defined by the GDPR.
What information do we collect?
- IP Address: When you visit this site, your IP address is recorded. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website by creating statistical reports and tracking errors. Your IP address is used to help identify you when you buy and to gather broad demographic identification that will not be tied to your identity.
- Personal Identification Information: this includes name, address, contact details, email, phone. This information is collected (1) when you subscribe to our Alert or newsletter services, (2) when you want to view detailed information about our products, and/or (3) when you want to submit a question about our products/services to our customer service staff.
- Credit Card or Payment Information: This information is collected when purchases are made.
- Usage and Purchase History
- Name and Email Address of Colleague(s): If you elect to use our "Email to a Colleague" feature to inform others about our site or about particular products on our site, we ask you for your name and email address and your colleague's name and email address. MarketResearch.com will automatically send the colleague a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. MarketResearch.com does not store this information. It is used for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of the referral program.
- Cookies and other technical or site function data: This site uses "cookies" and other technology to record usage of the website. This gives us information about how many people visit certain pages on the site. We also use this technology to customize your experience on the service.
- Login Information: Your ID and site password is stored for verification on future visits and for future purchases.
MarketResearch.com may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in website registration forms, customer-initiated chat applications, payment submission forms, notes collected through phone conversations, etc. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties. We do not collect special categories of personal data.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including in HR management systems, on other IT systems (including email), and marketing and sales-related software/spreadsheets.
Why does MarketResearch.com process personal data?
We need to process data to take steps to enter in to a contract with you or to continue to fulfill a contract with you, which may even be a single purchase. For example, to register you as a new customer, process and deliver your order, manage our business relationship with you, enable you to complete surveys, deliver relevant website content, make recommendations to you for goods and services, etc. In some cases, processing your data is necessary to our legitimate business interests, such as to study how customers use our products/services or to recover debts owed to us. In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with legal obligations as defined by the appropriate governments.
All information we collect will help us maintain your account and provide services to you.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally for legitimate business reasons, such as customer support, marketing, or other client relationship building activities. This includes members of the marketing and sales teams, company analysts, Human Capital, and IT.
MarketResearch.com may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is necessary to fulfill the contract/provide requested services to our customers or to comply with the law. Some specific examples include:
- Publishers: we may share personal information with copyright holders (i.e. publishers or authors) for any products you purchase. The publisher(s) may send you marketing materials and if you do not wish to receive these materials you will need to contact the publisher directly in order to opt-out.
- Shipping of Mailed Purchases: Our publishers use an outside shipping service provider to fulfill applicable orders. These orders will be shipped to you directly from the publisher via a shipping provider, such as FedEx or DHL.
- Payment Processing: When you buy something with a credit card, we use a credit card processing service provider to verify your credit card and bill you.
Other than those third parties indicated above, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade personal identifiable information with other third parties for their promotional purposes.
For how long does MarketResearch.com keep data?
MarketResearch.com will retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with services and/or complete data analytics processes. MarketResearch.com may also use your information in order to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce contracts and agreements.
As a data subject you have a number of rights. European clients and visitors can submit a Subject Access Request (SAR) to our Data Protection Officer to:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request to the (right of transparency)
- Request the organization to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Request the organization to delete (right of erasure) or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
How is your information protected?
MarketResearch.com is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. In addition, everything submitted to us is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This encryption method is used widely on the Internet to keep information secure. Although we use advanced encryption (Secure Socket Layers), we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us. While our website is secure, the Internet is not. If you prefer, our operators are standing by 3:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST Monday through Thursday and 3:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST Fridays at 800.298.5699 (U.S.) or +1.240.747.3093 (Int'l) should you prefer to place an order over the phone.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any questions regarding your rights, please contact:
Data Protection Officers
6116 Executive Blvd., Suite 550
Rockville, MD 20852
Web site URL: https://www.marketresearch.com/corporate/aboutus/contactus.asp
For European clients, if you believe that the organization has not complied with your data protection rights under GDPR, you can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner.
Unless there is another written agreement between you and us that covers your use of part or all of Our Service, this is the entire agreement between you and us. If there is another written agreement between you and us that covers your use of part of Our Service, this Agreement covers all other use of Our Service by you. Whenever new products or services become available, your use of them will be under this Agreement unless we notify you otherwise or another written agreement covers your use of those new products or services.
In certain cases, additional "passthrough" terms and conditions may apply to the of use of third-party content, software or other services (collectively, "Third-Party Content"). Any such additional terms and conditions shall be delivered with applicable Third-Party Content. If upon reading such terms and conditions, you find you are ineligible or unable to comply with them through circumstances outside your control, then you are hereby required to contact MarketResearch.com within twenty-four (24) hours of purchase (in the case of Instant Online Delivery content) or receipt (in the case of other content) to explain your ineligibility. An appropriate solution will be worked out at that time. If a call is not received in the allotted time, you are deemed to have approved and to be in compliance with the additional terms and conditions.
In addition, particular sites or features of Our Service may have different or additional terms ("Special Terms"), which will be disclosed to you when you access those sites or features. Such Special Terms are incorporated into this Agreement with respect to such sites or features. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Special Terms, the Special Terms will govern with respect to such sites or features.
We may change this Agreement at any time and you can read a current copy of this Agreement at any time by selecting the "Legal Notice" link on Our Service. If any change is not acceptable, you must discontinue your use immediately; using Our Service after the date that this Agreement changes means you accept the changes. No change to this Agreement that is not posted on the Service is valid unless it is in writing and signed by both you and us.
Permitted Use, Limitations on Use
You may not, nor may you allow others to, directly or indirectly: (a) attempt to or actually disrupt, impair or interfere with, alter or modify Our Service or any Material; or (b) collect or attempt to collect any information of others, including passwords, account or other information.
The Material available on Our Service is for informational purposes only.
Links to Third Party Sites
Various links on Our Service will take you out of Our Service. These linked sites are not necessarily under our control. We are not responsible for the contents of any linked page or any other page not under our control. We provide these links only as a convenience; the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of that linked site.
Limitation of Liability
We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currentness or other characteristics of any Material available on or through Our Service. We will not be liable for any loss or injury resulting directly or indirectly from Our Service, whether or not caused in whole or in part by our negligence or by contingencies within or beyond our control. Neither we, nor suppliers of Third-Party Content, are responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by use of or reliance on or inability to use or access Our Service or the Material.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICE ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." OUR SERVICE IS FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE.
WE ARE NOT AND WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER OR NOT THAT THIRD PARTY'S WEBSITE IS LINKED FROM OUR SERVICE.
The laws of the State of New York govern this Agreement and your use of Our Service. You agree to comply with all laws, regulations, obligations and restrictions, which apply to you. You agree that the courts located in New York have exclusive jurisdiction for any claim, action or dispute under this Agreement. You also agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the State of New York. No failure or delay in enforcing any right shall be a waiver of that or any other right. If any term of this Agreement is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall not be affected.
Unless specifically stated in conjunction with particular Material, all Material is copyrighted by us. You have no rights in or to the Material and you may not use any Material other than as permitted under this Agreement.
All trade names, trademarks, service marks and other product and service names and logos on Our Service or in the Material are the proprietary trademarks of their respective owners and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws.
In the event that you or your company have signed a direct contract with MarketResearch.com ("Agreement") and there exist terms which conflict between this Terms and Conditions Document and your signed Agreement for this service, the terms of your signed Agreement shall supersede this Terms and Conditions Document.
Due to the nature of the information being sold, we unfortunately cannot accept returns of products once they have been delivered.
Please be sure to read all available information about a report before you place your order.
If you have any questions about a report's coverage or relevance, simply contact us for expert assistance from a Research Specialist.