PLUNKETT'S RETAIL INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2018
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in retail and names the top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 15
Companies Profiled: 492
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Retail Industry
1) Introduction to the Retail Industry
2) Wal-Mart Still Dominates the Retail Industry, but Invests in Web Presence to Battle Amazon
3) Department Stores Suffer, While Today’s Consumers Demand Discounts and Convenience
4) Warehouse Clubs and Discount Department Stores Battle for Market Share
5) Private Label Brands Grow in Share of Total Store Sales
6) Diverse Selling Techniques Boost Direct Marketers and Non-Store Sales
7) Apple Sets the Bar for Showcase Stores and Super-Merchandisers
8) Consumers Slowly Increase Borrowing
9) Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
10) Retail Technologies Advance for Store Checkout and Restaurant Orders/Apps and Location-Based Ads Drive Sales
11) Retailers Offer Expedited Delivery to Compete with Amazon
12) RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
13) Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
14) Near Field Communications (NFC) Changes Credit and Debit Cards
15) Self-Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow in Stores and Online
16) Retailers Look for Long-Term Growth in Emerging Markets, Including China and India
17) Retail Center Occupancy Is Challenged as Online Sales Hurt Stores
18) Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
19) Malls Remodel to Boost Sales and Attract Shoppers/Store Visitor Counts Are Disappointing
20) Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
21) LOHAS- Socially Conscious Consumers Create Challenges and Opportunities for Advertisers and Marketers
22) Plus Sizes Market Evolves to Serve Overweight Consumers
23) Discount Clothing Retailers See Promise in Designer Lines
24) Luxury Apparel, Accessories and Consumer Products Lines Compete for Growth
25) Manhattan’s FreshDirect Sets the Pace in Grocery Sales Over the Internet/Amazon Competes in Groceries
26) How to Interpret Reports of Retail Sales
Retail Industry Statistics
U.S. Retail Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
Annual Consumer Price Index, 1935-2017, U.S.
Exports, General Imports & Trade Balance in Goods, U.S.: 1989-2nd Quarter 2017
Total U.S. Retail Sales & Annual Percent Change: 1992- August 2017
U.S. Retail Trade Corporation Statistics, 2nd Quarter 2017
Total Annual Sales of Merchant Wholesalers, U.S.: 2011-2016
Total Monthly Sales and Inventories of Merchant Wholesalers, U.S.: January-August 2017
Retail & Food Services Sales by Kind of Business, U.S.: Monthly, through August 2017
Retail & Food Services Sales by Kind of Business, U.S.: 2011-2016
Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2008-2nd Quarter 2017
Total U.S. Disposable Income, Expenditures & Gross Domestic & National Product Per Capita: Selected Years, 1960-2016
Average Annual Expenditures of All Consumer Households: 2011-2016, U.S.
Distribution of Total U.S. Annual Household Expenditures, by Major Category: 2015
Resident Population Estimates by Age, U.S.: 2010-2016
Employment in the Retail Industry, U.S.: 2010-September 2017