From local search to location gaming SoLoMo (Social Local and Mobile) is becoming powerful force with big implications for many applications and gaming in certainly no exception. SoLoMo gaming has passed the honeymoon phase and is revitalizing the mobile gaming ecosystem resulting a huge disruptions for certain existing players. A few key technology developments are driving this disruption including LTE, smartphone, tablet device, HTML5, and the Cloud.
Based on surveys among mobile social gamer, location gamer, and emerging ecosystem players, Mind Commerce releases this research focusing on SoLoMo game-play behavior. This report is must reading for anyone with a vested interest in the mobile gaming industry or considering a market entry strategy. This research is also critical for any company in the social and/or location-based mobile application space as SoLoMo gaming is poised to become a significant source of revenue throughout the value chain for players who identify, understand, and capitalize upon these trends.
- Social media companies
- Mobile network operators
- Mobile application developers
- Location-based service developers
- Gaming industry companies of all types
- Learn how “Consumption – Engagement – Interaction” based model will manifest in SoLoMo gaming platform
- Identify the SoLoMo gamer base and regional split vs. split over device platform payment stream and engagement 2013 - 2018.
- Learn who among existing vs. emerging market players will succeed
- Identify SoLoMo gamer perceptions, spending patterns, and the industry scope/attributes of ad monetization
- Learn the psychological predisposition, demographic classification, and market factors driving game-play, spending, and revenue opportunities
- Learn how SoLoMo gaming will adopt new market technology as well as anticipated gamer actions, new payment modes, and disruptive innovation over the next 5 years
Mind Commerce Publishing's research methodology encompasses input from a wide variety of sources.
We rely heavily upon our Subject Matter Experts (SME) in terms of their market knowledge, unique perspective, and vision. We utilize SME industry contacts as well as previous customers and participants in our market surveys and interactive interviews.
In addition, we rely upon our extensive internal database, which contains modeling, qualitative analysis, and quantitative data. We review secondary sources and compare to our primary sources to update previous findings (for prior version reports) and/or compile baseline information for technology and market modeling.
We share preliminary models with industry contacts (select previous clients, experts, and thought leaders) to verify the veracity of initial modeling. Prior to final report production (analysis, findings, and conclusions), we engage in an internal review with internal SMEs as well as cross-expertise, senior staff members to challenge results.
We believe that forecasts should be prepared as part of an integrated process which involves both quantitative as well as qualitative factors. We follow the following 3-step process for forecasting.
Step 1 - Forecasts Input:
The inputs for the present and historical revenues are derived from industry players. Financial and other quantitative data for individual sub-market categories are derived from original research and tested with interviews with major industry constituents.
Step 2 - Forecasting of Future Years:
Mind Commerce extends forecasts based on a variety of factors including demand drivers as well as supply side data. Key success factors and assumptions are considered.
Step 3 - Validation of Data:
The final step is to validate projections, which is accomplished in consultation with both internal and external industry experts, including both topic and regional experts. Adjustments are made to the forecasts based on factors identified throughout this process.