Embedded gaming or “Gamification” is a next generation advertising approach in which gaming elements are integrated into a non-game environment.
Gamification represents a promising strategy for public and commercial brands to increase customer activity, build loyalty, broaden reach and monetize assets.
Mind Commerce projects Gamification growth to reach $3.6 billion by 2017. It is also estimated that by 2017, 80% of Global 2000 organizations will have gamified applications and/or processes.
The goal of Gamification is to maximum user brand/product engagement through facilitation of entertainment in which the user interacts with the brand in a fun/pleasurable manner. One of the keys to success is to assess user behavioral patterns as a precursor to deploying optimal game mechanics that that align user likes, dislikes, expectations and behaviors. Optimal design is based on research into extrinsic motivators, intrinsic values and facilitation of long term engagement.
This research includes:
Companies in Report:
- Gamification business model analysis
- In-depth analysis of Gamification solution and dynamics
- Analysis of thirty two companies involved in Gamificiation
- Case study analysis of brands capitalizing upon Gamification
- Analysis of Gamification market trends and market projections 2012 – 2017
- Analysis of potential benefit metrics and non-metrics of Gamification for Brands
- Gamification process analysis including game mechanics, design techniques, and features
- Guidelines for Brands, Vendors, Service Providers, and Investors to realize optimal success with Gamification
- Feasibility assessment of Gamification solutions across various industries (education, enterprise, healthcare, education, entertainment) As a complement to this valuable report, Mind Commerce provides Gamification consultancy services including:
- Design a deployment solution with operational support
- Define ROI measurement & tracking metrics from Gamified solution
- Develop cross channel marketing solutions identification and implementation
- Identify the specific Gamification potential for your industry, product or service
- Identify game mechanics for your product or service that will act as extrinsic motivators
Vendor Platforms: Gamify.it, Badgeville, Bunchball, Bigdoor, CrowdTwist, Cynergy, SpectrumDNA, Reputely, IActionable, Scvngr, Manumatix, Leapfrog, beintoo, Objective Logistics, Rypple, CloudCaptive, Arcaris, Gigya, Gamisfaction, Play Nicely, Punchtab, Keas, RepTivity, Fusion, Badgy, Bulbstorm, Crowd Factory, FanGager, RoarEngine, Hoopla, Kitzy, and Snowfly
Brands, Service/Product Providers and others: XboxLive, Foursquare, Gowalla, Getglue, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Mint, Checkpoints, Shopkick, Hallmark, Starbucks, NIKE, Buffalo Wild Wings, Microsoft, American Airlines, Sundance Film Festival 2011, Nextjump, Speed Camera Lottery, Psych, NBC, Universal, Playboy, CrowqTap, RecylceBank, eBay, Amazon, Debhub, Playgen, Metycoon, Zynga, Cadbury, TFL Chromaroma, Bunchball, MOGL: Dinning Out, Nissan, Siemens, Hilton, SAP, BMW, Mashable, COCA COLA, Ask.Com, Google, and Facebook
- Gamification ranks 4th in Top Digital Marketing Trends for 2012
- The Gamification market is anticipated to reach $ 3.6 billion by 2017
- Mobile platform gamification is expected to increase by 90% in USA by 2017
- For global 2000 organizations
Select industry metrics:
- 80% will gamify products or services by 2017
- 70% will gamify enterprise process by 2017
- The entertainment industry currently holds the lead in Gamification market (45% market position)
- The education, healthcare and financial sector will increase dramatically but will not overtake entertainment by 2017
- Mobile network operators
- Content providers and intermediaries
- Digital marketing agency or consultants
- Internet and mobile based solution providers
- Brands, advertisers, portals, and media companies
- Mobile commerce application and service providers
- Social gaming, mobile gaming and social commerce developers
- System integrators, consultants, and professional service providers
- Gamification platform and infrastructure providers (equipment, software, and services)
Mind Commerce Publishing's research methodology encompasses input from a wide variety of sources.
We rely heavily upon our Subject Matter Experts (SME) in terms of their market knowledge, unique perspective, and vision. We utilize SME industry contacts as well as previous customers and participants in our market surveys and interactive interviews.
In addition, we rely upon our extensive internal database, which contains modeling, qualitative analysis, and quantitative data. We review secondary sources and compare to our primary sources to update previous findings (for prior version reports) and/or compile baseline information for technology and market modeling.
We share preliminary models with industry contacts (select previous clients, experts, and thought leaders) to verify the veracity of initial modeling. Prior to final report production (analysis, findings, and conclusions), we engage in an internal review with internal SMEs as well as cross-expertise, senior staff members to challenge results.
We believe that forecasts should be prepared as part of an integrated process which involves both quantitative as well as qualitative factors. We follow the following 3-step process for forecasting.
Step 1 - Forecasts Input:
The inputs for the present and historical revenues are derived from industry players. Financial and other quantitative data for individual sub-market categories are derived from original research and tested with interviews with major industry constituents.
Step 2 - Forecasting of Future Years:
Mind Commerce extends forecasts based on a variety of factors including demand drivers as well as supply side data. Key success factors and assumptions are considered.
Step 3 - Validation of Data:
The final step is to validate projections, which is accomplished in consultation with both internal and external industry experts, including both topic and regional experts. Adjustments are made to the forecasts based on factors identified throughout this process.