Tobacco Company Profile - NKGTC, 2018
Tobacco Company Profile - NKGTC, 2018, is an analytical company report by GlobaData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
North Korean General Tobacco Corporation (NKGTC) is the state-owned tobacco monopoly organization in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea). It has traditionally dominated the cigarette market in North Korea, which was created in 1948 after the Korean War. Although a meeting with the US in June 2018 signaled that some improvement in international relations is likely, the country remains shunned by many international neighbors.
Reasons to buy
- A ban on the legitimate import of cigarettes, which was imposed by the country in 2014, effectively means the market is closed to foreign manufacturers unless they are involved with local joint ventures.
- There are three major cigarette factories operated by NKGTC, although the company is also understood to operate a number of others around the country.
- NKGTC sales were estimated at 8.6 billion pieces in 2017, almost entirely derived from the domestic market.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Key Company Facts
- 3. Corporate Structure
- 3.1. Ownership
- 3.2. Organisation
- 4. Business Profile Review
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. North Korea
- 4.3. International Markets
- 5. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance
- 6. Appendix
- 6.1. What is this Report About?
- 6.2. Product Category Coverage
- 6.3. Methodology
- 6.4. About GlobalData
- 6.5. Disclaimer
- 6.6. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Key Company Facts
- Table 2: NKGTC: Global Cigarette Sales & Share, 2000-2017
- Table 3: NKGTC: Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volume, 2000-2016
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: Global Data at a glance