TMT Predictions 2017 - Global Thematic Research
The big themes for 2017, in order of importance for investors, are artificial intelligence (AI), cybersecurity, voice, virtual reality, Cloud computing, the Internet of Things , Blockchain, MedTech, robotics, Internet TV, the Splinternet, Generation #Hashtag, regulation, 3D printing, quantum computing and M&A.
This report pulls together the most important tech investment themes for 2017 and identifies “winners” and “losers” within each theme.
Reasons to buy
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Cloud computing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Autonomous Vehicles (subset of IoT)
- Industrial Internet (Subset of IoT)
- Internet TV
- Generation #Hashtag
- 3D Printing
- Quantum computing
- Appendix: Our "Thematic" research methodology
- Table Five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard