Shopping Location Preferences during COVID-19 Lockdown for weeks 1-6 (Consumer Survey Insights)
This report is part of the GlobalData COVID-19 Consumer Insight series, which tracks changes in consumer sentiment, lifestyles, attitudes and behaviors stemming from the global coronavirus outbreak. The consumer insight offered throughout the report is drawn from GlobalData's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Tracker Consumer Survey, a weekly survey that was carried out in 11 countries starting from March 25 2020.
This report focuses on changing levels of concern in relation to the pandemic, and how these are reflected in people's choices of shopping locations in the wake of lockdown measures being implemented by governments.
Reasons to Buy
- Consumers are concerned about the situation and their actions reflect their changing minds.
- Despite widespread lockdown restrictions, a few consumers still prefer to shop from their favorite supermarket; however, spending more generally has moved to convenience stores.
- Young consumers are most inclined to shop online but weekly trends show that gradually older generations are also moving online for their daily needs.
- This may be because they want to avoid the risks involved in going out during the pandemic.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that can drive and support innovation, brand activity, or emerging services throughout the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct decision-making and inform new product development.
- 1. Shopping Location Preferences- Weeks 1-6
- Shopping Locations Overview
- Discount Store
- Retail Outlet
- 2. About the Survey