Retailing in South Korea, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022
""Retailing in South Korea, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022"", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to South Korea retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing South Korea retail industry.
The retail industry has registered slow growth in the last five years due to sluggish economic growth. However, the industry is forecast to register healthy growth during 2017-2022 with an improvement in domestic consumption as a result of increasing employment and a more stable political situation with North Korea.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels.
Reasons to buy
- South Korea retail sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% between 2017 and 2022
- Improving domestic consumption to boost retail spending
- Retail sector to grow in line with the growing economy
- Health & beauty sector to register the fastest growth, buoyed by cosmetics sales
- Food & grocery is the largest sector, while health & beauty will see the highest growth
- Increasing demand for cosmetics to drive health & beauty sales
- Duty free channel to register the fastest growth with increasing tourism
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters dominate the retail industry.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in South Korean retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behaviour
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2012, with forecasts until 2022
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in South Korean retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key findings
- The state of the nation
- The state of retail
- Clothing & footwear
- Food & grocery
- Health & beauty