Digital Oilfield - Thematic Research
Over the last 15 years, the adoption of digital oilfields has gained impetus due to advancements in technologies for sensing, automation, connectivity and data analytics. Digital oilfield is a concept that combines business process management with digital technologies to automate workflows for maximizing productivity, reducing costs, and minimize the overall risks associated with oil and gas operations.
It is designed to transform the upstream sector by converging operational technology with information technology to enable the creation of a ‘digital twin’ that replicates the performance of an oilfield on a computer. A comprehensive implementation of digital oilfield can assist oil and gas companies in increasing operational efficiency, and facilitates production optimization, collaboration, data integration, decision support, and workflow automation.
Lack of well-defined processes and workflows, and the shortage of digital-ready workforce are hindering the adoption of digitalization in the oil and gas industry. Dependence on legacy systems and remotely scattered oil and gas fields are further complicating data-capture from all producing assets. As a result, a full-fledged enterprise-wide deployment of digital oilfield is still a long way from realization.
Nevertheless, even with the current scale of deployment, oil and gas companies have managed to achieve productivity gains through improved reservoir understanding, remote monitoring of operations and with logistics and supply chain optimization.
The latest thematic report Digital Oilfield - Thematic Research, discusses how the global oil and gas industry is gearing up to adopt digital oilfields to improve competitiveness and sustainability. The report also examines the contribution of oil and gas companies, and technology and automation providers in enabling the development of digital oilfield technologies.
Reasons to buy
- The report analyses the impact of digital oilfield as a theme on the oil & gas industry.
- The report discusses how oil and gas industry is gearing up to adopt digital oilfields to improve competitiveness and sustainability.
- The report evaluates the major factors contributing to the adoption of digital oilfield.
- The report also examines the contribution of technology providers in enabling the development of digital oilfield technologies.
- The report provides an insight on the digital oilfield technologies, explaining the developments happening across in oil and gas industry in enabling the digital transformation.
- Identify the key trends in digital oilfield.
- Understand the digital oilfield value chain in the context of the oil and gas industry and identify the leaders and challengers at each stage of the value chain.
- To identify and benchmark the key companies in the digital oilfield theme.
- Table Figure 1: Leading companies in enabling digital oilfield.
- Oil & gas sector trends
- Table Oil & gas sector trends
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Table Macroeconomic trends
- Industry analysis
- Role played by automation and control providers
- Technology and data analytics providers enabling digital oilfield
- Value chain
- Table Figure 2: How does the digital oilfield technologies value chain interact with the oil & gas industry value chain?
- Table Figure 3: Digital oilfield value chain
- Devices and equipment makers
- Table Figure 4: Digital oilfield value chain: Devices and equipment makers
- Service providers
- Table Figure 5: Digital oilfield value chain: Service providers
- Connectivity providers
- Table Figure 6: Digital oilfield value chain: Connectivity providers
- Data management and analytics companies
- Table Figure 7: Digital oilfield value chain: Data management and analytics companies
- Oil and gas companies
- Table Oil and gas companies
- Oilfield service providers
- Table Oilfield service providers
- Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
- Viewing the world's data by themes makes it easier to make important decisions
- Traditional research does a poor job of picking winners and losers
- That is why we developed our "thematic engine"
- How do we create our sector scorecards?
- Table Figure 8: Our five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard
- What is in our sector scorecards?
- How do we score companies in our thematic screen?
- How our research reports fit into our overall thematic research ecosystem?
- About GlobalData
- Contact us