IGA Inc (Independent Grocers Alliance) in Retailing (Australia)
IGA witnessed its sales dip in 2015, demonstrating the extent to which it is being squeezed between the bargaining and marketing power of Coles and Woolworths and the discounted prices of Aldi. In response to these threats, the retailer decided to engage more forcibly in price competition, expand its private label, whilst at the same time renovate its stores in order to better cater to consumers’ growing preference for fresh and chilled foods.
Euromonitor International Local Company Profiles are a concise set of briefings detailing the strategic direction taken by a company. Discover key contact details, the company background and their competitive positioning through this collection of snapshot company profiles.
Product coverage: Non-Store Retailing, Store-based Retailing.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Retailing market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- IGA INC (INDEPENDENT GROCERS ALLIANCE) IN RETAILING (AUSTRALIA)
- Euromonitor International
- January 2016
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Strategic Direction
- Company Background
- Digital Strategy
- Summary 1 IGA Inc (Independent Grocers Alliance): Share of Sales Generated by Internet Retailing 2013-2015
- Chart 1 Modern Grocery Retailers: IGA Express, Convenience Stores in Sydney
- Private Label
- Summary 2 IGA Inc (Independent Grocers Alliance): Private Label Portfolio
- Competitive Positioning
- Summary 3 IGA Inc (Independent Grocers Alliance): Competitive Position 2015