Cosmeceuticals: Global Trends in Market Entry Strategies, Regulatory Framework, Next-Generation Products and Technologies
Cosmeceutical products are characterized as cosmetic products with biologically active ingredients purporting to have medical or drug‐like benefits. However, the market lacks a clear definition of what constitutes cosmeceuticals, with the term covering a spectrum of products from prescription-only products to widely available over-the-counter products. Currently, much of the innovation in the cosmeceuticals field is being carried out by cosmetic companies who are investing heavily in R&D for cosmeceuticals, in a manner more typical of pharmaceutical companies.
Pharmaceutical companies are competing to jump into the cosmetics business by releasing one cosmeceutical product after another. Cosmeceutical market could provide better opportunities for pharma companies with superior R&D facilities.
L'Oréal study found skincare products to be the largest segment in 2016. Anti-aging and anti-wrinkle products are gaining popularity in this segment due to increase in elderly population, as they wish to improve the visible damage to the skin caused by aging, ultraviolet radiation and other environmental factors, as well as a growing number of younger individuals seeking to prevent signs of aging.
The report "Cosmeceuticals: Global Trends in Market Entry Strategies, Regulatory Framework, Next-Generation Products and Technologies" provides an in-depth assessment of the current trends in the global cosmeceuticals market.
Furthermore, this report provides the following -
- Provides key industry perspective on the cosmeceuticals industry from a large survey of over 90 cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry professionals from within and outside of the cosmeceuticals sector. Those involved with cosmeceuticals were found to expect their company to increase its level of investment in the area, whereas for those not involved with cosmeceuticals the opposite was generally true.
- Highlights legislatory short comings in key markets and compare legislatory frameworks in key markets. Current legislation in several key markets makes it difficult for consumers and practitioners to distinguish between cosmetics and cosmeceuticals. Moreover, a lack of convergence between regulatory systems across the globe hinders marketing of cosmeceutical products.
- Outlines the key cosmeceutical companies with sales values and provide cosmeceutical strategies. Furthermore the report contains in-depth industry consensus on drivers and inhibitors of cosmeceuticals market growth while identifying key regions where the cosmeceuticals market is expected to grow.
Companies mentioned in this report: L'Oréal, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Beiersdorf, Estee Lauder.
- How can the cosmeceuticals sector be defined in general, and what types of product does it include?
- What are the key market entry strategies for cosmeceutical companies to enter into new markets?
- How does the regulatory landscape for different types of cosmeceuticals vary in key territories?
- What are the available key distribution channels in the cosmeceuticals market?
- What factors have hindered the growth of the cosmeceuticals market?
- What are the key companies involved in cosmeceuticals?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to -
- Understand the complex differences in the regional regulation of cosmeceuticals, and how they shape the market
- Gain an understanding of the industry perspective on critical aspects of the cosmeceuticals industry, such as drivers, barriers, promising geographies and prominent cosmeceutical treatment segments
- Understand the market entry strategies of key players in the cosmetic industry
- Understand various next-generation cosmeceutical products available in the market and application technologies used to develop effective cosmeceuticals
- Understand the top global cosmeceuticals companies with sales value"
- Executive Summary
- Comparative Analysis:
- Cosmetics Versus Prescription drugs Versus Cosmeceuticals
- Key Product Categories
- Marketed Cosmeceuticals
- Market Size - Cosmetics
- Key diseases and Expansion opportunities for Cosmeceuticals
- Acne Vulgaris
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Skin Aging
- Next-Generation Products: Introduction and Key Strategic Considerations
- Types of Next-Generation Products
- Growth Factors and Cytokines
- Plant Stem Cells
- Key Growth Drivers in the Global Cosmeceuticals Market
- Demand for Innovation
- Rising Consumer Awareness
- Emerging Markets
- E-commerce Power
- Few Dominant Players (less intense competition)
- Key Growth Barriers in the Global Cosmeceuticals Market
- Competition with Regional Brands
- Competition from Organics Products
- Availability of Counterfeit Products
- Poor Perception
- Unclear Regulatory and Legal Framework
- Key Distribution Channels
- Drug Stores
- Department stores
- Healthcare Provider
- Cosmetic Store
- Cosmeceuticals Regulatory Frameworks in Key Geographies
- United states
- European Union
- Application Technologies
- Emulsion Technology
- Aerosol Technology
- Market Entry Strategies
- Joint Ventures
- Strategic Alliances
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Top Global Cosmeceuticals Companies with Sales Value
- Procter & Gamble
- Estee Lauder
- Big Pharma Cosmeceutical Strategies