Consumer electronics sector scorecard - Thematic Research
A major concern for consumer electronics companies continues to be the impact on sales, profits, and supply chains of the ongoing trade war between the US and China. Many companies in the sector, like Apple, use Chinese subcontractors and operate complex global networks.
These may have to be split open and new supply chains created if the trade war escalates. At the same time, the issue of Brexit is still unresolved and UK and European companies should also be prepared for cost, pricing, and supply chain problems. Despite large technical and regulatory challenges, investment from both Apple and Google into the use of smartwatches for large-scale medical studies will transform the area of wearable tech. Regulatory issues will also impact both demand for and innovation in consumer technologies like drones.
This report provides information on key themes that will impact the consumer electronics sector over the next two years, including virtual reality, augmented reality, smart speakers, consumer drones, and connected cars.
Reasons to buy
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and lagging companies.
- It includes a theme map that shows the 50 biggest themes driving growth in the consumer electronics sector.
- It explains how some of the largest listed players in the sector have performed over the last three years.
- It looks at major technology and macro-economic trends impacting consumer electronics companies.
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures. Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector.
- However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries.
- This consumer electronics sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the industry over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their market.
- Theme map
- Table Figure 1: Our theme map shows the 50 biggest themes driving growth in the tech, media, and telecoms sector
- Sector performance
- Table Figure 2: Since the beginning of 2017, application software developers and security software developers have outperformed whilst traditional advertisers and telecom operators have underperformed
- Company performance
- Table Figure 3: Price momentum of the big players in the sector
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Table Macroeconomic trends
- Sector scorecard: consumer electronics
- Who's who
- Table Figure 4: Who's who
- Thematic screen
- Table Figure 5: Thematic screen
- Valuation screen
- Table Figure 6: Valuation screen
- Risk screen
- Table Figure 7: Risk screen
- Appendix: Our "Thematic" research methodology
- Viewing the world's data by themes makes it easier to make important decisions
- Traditional research does a poor job of picking winners and losers
- That is why we developed our "thematic engine"
- How do we create our sector scorecards?
- Table Figure 8: Our five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard
- What is in our sector scorecards?
- How do we score companies in our thematic screen?
- How our research reports fit into our overall thematic research ecosystem
- About GlobalData
- Contact us