Global Impact on Consumer Lifestyles - COVID-19 Consumer Survey Insights - Week 2
This report is part of the GlobalData COVID-19 Consumer Insight series, which tracks changes in consumer sentiment, lifestyles, attitudes, and behaviors stemming from the global coronavirus outbreak. It analyses consumer lifestyles by category, geography, and demographic during week 2 of GlobalData's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Tracker Consumer Survey.
Consumer lifestyles are changing during the pandemic and are influencing product preferences and consumption habits across a range of specific categories. Consumers' day-to-day activities such as exercising, cooking, and socializing are being impacted and there are opportunities for brands to help consumers adapt to the new normal.
Reasons to Buy
- Consumers have less opportunity and motivation to maintain their fitness routines. At-home workouts are gaining momentum but obstacles remain.
- There has been a steep drop in at-home and particularly out-of-home socializing occasions. Many consumers are turning to social media for personal connection.
- Consumers are more frequently turning to online product reviews and video tutorials in order to learn more about product trends and usage.
- Grocery budgets are under close scrutiny and anxious consumers are gravitating to familiar brands. Shoppers are not yet fully embracing online shopping.
- Packaging safety is a concern as it presents a potential opportunity for the virus to spread. Sealed packs are more valued in drinks than food.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes in consumer lifestyles in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- Global Impact on Consumer Lifestyles
- Current Situation
- Impact on Lifestyles & Shopping Behavior
- Websites & further reading
- About the Survey