India Surface Disinfectant Market, By Composition (Alcohol, Chlorine Compounds, Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, Hydrogen Peroxide, Peracetic Acid, Others), By Type (Liquid, Wipes, Sprays), By Source (Chemical, Bio-based), By Distribution Channel (Hypermarket / Supermarket, Online Retailing, Convenience Stores, Others), By Application (In-House Surfaces, Instrument Disinfection, Others), By End User (Residential, Hospital Settings, Diagnostic Laboratories, Commercial, Industrial), By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, FY2026
India surface disinfectant market was valued at USD 460.66 Million in FY2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.68% during 2020 - 2025. The market is gaining traction on the back of the rise in the utility of keeping the frequently touched surfaces sanitized due to the augment of global pandemic. Increasing consumer awareness pertaining to maintaining health and hygiene conditions in surroundings and households has fostered the market growth. Apart from this, increasing healthcare associated infections (HAI), rising safety and health standards in industries, and new product launches are increasing the market for surface disinfectant in India.
India surface disinfectant market is segmented on the basis of composition, type, source, distribution channel, application, end user, region and company. Based on composition, the market is segmented into chlorine compounds, alcohol, quaternary ammonium compounds, hydrogen peroxide, peracetic acid, and others. Amongst these, chlorine compounds hold nearly 31% of the market share and is expected to maintain its lead in the forecast period as well. Based on type, the market is divided into liquids, sprays and wipes. Out of these, liquids dominate in the market with a market share of nearly 55%. On the basis of end user, the market is further fragmented into residential, hospital settings, diagnostic laboratories, commercial and industrial. Amongst these, commercial segment is expected to hold lion’s share in the market in the year FY2020. Hospital setting segment is also expected to grow at a formidable rate as they need to be regularly sanitized for the incoming patients. They are the health centres for patients, and it is indispensable for them to be clean, sterilized and hygienic. Moreover, in order to impede the spread of coronavirus among patients in the upcoming time, it is essential for hospitals to be sanitized.
Some of the major companies in the surface disinfectant market of India are Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Health Care Limited, Reckitt Benckiser (India) Limited, 3M India Limited, Ecolab Food Safety And Hygiene Solutions Pvt Ltd, Clorox Limited, Cantel Medical Corp, SC Johnson Product Pvt. Ltd, Henkel Adhesives Technologies India Private Limited, Kimberly-Clark Professional, ITC Limited, CavinKare Pvt. Ltd., N. Ranga Rao and Sons Pvt. Ltd., etc. There have been multiple product launches in the first quarter of FY2021 due to the rise in the number of cases of COVID-19 which has risen the demand of disinfection of frequently touched surfaces. For instance, on April 30, 2020, CavinKare launched the disinfectant brand Bacto-V in two variants for the sanitation of gadgets and other surfaces. Another important launch is Dettol Disinfectant Spray, recently launched by Reckitt Benckiser’s leading hygiene bran Dettol which is a multipurpose product and can be used on different surfaces.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: FY2016-FY2019
Base Year: FY2020
Estimated Year: FY2021
Forecast Period: FY2022–FY2026
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and estimate the market size of India surface disinfectant market from FY2016 to FY2019.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of India surface disinfectant market from FY2020 to FY2026 and growth rate until FY2026.
- To classify and forecast India surface disinfectant market based on composition, type, source, distribution channel, application, end user, region and company.
- To identify dominant region or segment in the India surface disinfectant market.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India surface disinfectant market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in India surface disinfectant market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for India surface disinfectant market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in India surface disinfectant market.
- To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in India surface disinfectant market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of manufacturers across the country. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the manufacturers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the manufacturers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the country.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of India surface disinfectant market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Manufacturers and end users
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to surface disinfectants
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India surface disinfectant market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- India Surface Disinfectant Market, By Composition:
- Chlorine Compounds
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Peracetic Acid
- India Surface Disinfectant Market, By Type:
- India Surface Disinfectant Market, By Source:
- India Surface Disinfectant Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hypermarket / Supermarket
- Online Retailing
- Convenience Stores
- India Surface Disinfectant Market, By Application:
- In-House Surfaces
- Instrument Disinfection
- India Surface Disinfectant Market, By End User:
- Hospital Settings
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- India Surface Disinfectant Market, By Region:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in India surface disinfectant market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order. Single User license will be delivered in PDF format without