Preference and Behavior Analysis of Taiwanese Digital Gamers
Taipei-based, government-backed research institute MIC (Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute) conducted an online questionnaire research in Taiwan and received 1,068 valid questionnaires. This report provides an overview of Taiwanese digital gamers' preferences and examines their behavior with socio-demographic characteristic factors such as gender and age.
The findings suggest:
1. 63.2% of Taiwanese digital gamers play games on Android smartphones.
2. 63.3% of Taiwanese digital gamers aged 19 and under spend more than an hour playing games every day.
3. 57% of Taiwanese female digital gamers prefer games with cute graphical styles.
- RESEARCH OBJECTIVE
- TAIWANESE DIGITAL GAMERS OVERVIEW
- Over 60% of Gamers Play Games on Android Phones
- 22.2% of Female Gamers Play Games on iPhone
- 30% of Gamers Aged 19 and Under Play Games on a PlayStation 4
- Table Taiwanese Digital Gamers' Electronic Device Preference by Age Group
- 53.9% of Gamers Play Less than An Hour Every Day
- 27.7% of Female Gamers Play Less Than 30 Minutes Every Day
- 63.3% of Gamers Aged 19 and Under Play at Least an Hour Every Day
- Table Average Time Taiwanese Gamers Play Digital Games by Age Group (Auto-play Games Excluded)
- PREFERENCE ANALYSIS OF TAIWANESE DIGITAL GAMERS
- 75.5% of Gamers Play Phone/Tablet App Games
- 3% of Male Gamers Play VR-supported Games
- Gamers Aged 19 and Under are Major Players in the Digital Game Ecosystem
- Table Taiwanese Gamers' Most Frequently Played Game Categories by Age Group
- 46.9% of Gamers Prefer Games with Cute Graphic Styles
- 57% of Females Prefer Games with Cute Graphic Styles
- 30.8% of Gamers Aged 25-29 Have No Particular Graphic Style Preference in Games
- Table Taiwanese Gamers' Graphic Style Preferences by Age Group
- DEMOGRAPHIC SEGMENTATION