Retailing in the UAE, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Retailing in the UAE, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to the UAE retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing the UAE retail industry.
Retail sales in the country registered healthy growth in 2016 and increased 6.6% over 2015 to reach AED207.7 billion. Buoyed by favorable macroeconomic factors and thriving tourism, retail sales in the country are forecast to register a robust CAGR of 6.9% during 2016-2021 to reach AED290.7 billion by 2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- Retail sales in the country registered healthy growth in 2016 and increased 6.6% over 2015 to reach AED207.7 billion.
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets & hard discounters is the dominant channel in the UAE, having accounted for 24.3% of overall retail sales in 2016.
- Clothing category is projected to register a CAGR of 7.6% during 2016-2021 to reach AED32 billion by 2021.
- Food & grocery is the largest category group with 47.2% of overall retail sales in the UAE.
- The sector is characterized by the presence of international retailers such as Lulu and Carrefour, which hold the top two spots with a combined share of 15% in 2016.
- The electricals sector in the UAE accounted for 8.5% of overall retail sales in 2016.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in the UAE retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the UAE retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & Footwear
- Food & Grocery
- Health & Beauty