Retailing in Ireland, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Retailing in Ireland, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Ireland retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Ireland retail industry.
As the economy recovers from the impact of the global financial crisis retail sales growth will more than double. CAGR for total retail 2016-2021 will be 2.6% compared with 1.1% over the previous five years. This will add €4.8bn in sales to reach €39.3bn by 2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- Ireland is one of the fastest-growing economies in the EU
- The clothing & footwear sector is the second largest in the Irish retail industry and contributed 11.6% to total retail sales in 2016.
- Local retailers Penneys (Primark’s name in Ireland) and Dunnes lead the clothing & footwear sector.
- Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Irish retail industry and contributed more than 50% to total retail sales in 2016.
- The fastest growing channel is online and this will add €1.6bn to sales over the forecast period reaching €4.6bn in 2021.
- Electricals is the most highly penetrated sector online with 34.5% of all sales going through the channel by 2021.
- Local retailer Woodies is currently the leading home sector.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Ireland retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Ireland retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & footwear
- Food & grocery
- Health & beauty