Retailing in Belgium, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022
Retailing in Belgium, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Belgium retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Belgium retail industry.
The retail sector in Belgium has improved in line with the improvement in the economy. Retail sales in the country reached €83.7 billion in 2017 and are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% over the next five years to reach €93.2 billion by the end of 2022.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels.
Reasons to buy
- Belgium retail sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% between 2017 and 2022 to reach to reach €93.2 billion by the end of 2022.
- The clothing & footwear sector is fragmented with the top 10 retailers contributing only 25.1% of total sales in 2017.
- The online channel will consistently outperform other channels in terms of growth over the next five years with a CAGR of 11.3%.
- Food & grocery retail sales accounted for the highest share, at 51.9% of the total Belgium retail industry in 2017.
- Health & beauty is the fourth largest sector in the Belgian retail industry and contributed 9% to total retail sales in 2017. Home furniture and floor coverings specialists and home improvement and gardening supplies specialists dominate the home sector.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Belgium retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behaviour
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2012, with forecasts until 2022
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Belgium retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key findings
- The state of the nation
- The state of retail
- Clothing & footwear
- Food & grocery
- Health & beauty