Retailing in Argentina, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022
Argentina has recovered from a decline in GDP growth in 2017. The economic growth in the country is aided by increasing capital inflows, a favorable business environment, and a rise in exports and growth in major sectors such as construction, agriculture and retail. The population is set to register steady growth to reach 46.2 million by 2022 with a healthy mix of the young and working age population with a median age of 31.9yrs, which augurs well for economic growth. In terms of urbanization, broad-based development of the economy aided the growth of employment thereby boosting household consumption, which in turn augurs well for economic and retail sector growth.
Growth of the retail sector in Argentina is forecast to slow down due to high operating costs, slowing inflation uncertain economic conditions and a series of taxes. In addition to this, currency devaluation further hampered the growth of the industry. However, the government’s tax reforms and other initiatives will drive domestic consumption thereby aiding the growth of the retail industry.
Retail sales are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 13.6% over the next five years to reach ARS3,684.5 billion by the end of 2022. Retailers are offering discounts and promotional offers to attract consumers and are expanding by opening convenience stores in the food sector. The clothing and footwear sector registered healthy growth over the past five years with sales reaching ARS194.1 billion in 2017 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 15.7% between 2017 and 2022 to reach ARS403.0 billion by 2022. Women’s categories (womenswear & women’s footwear) dominate the sector and accounted for 45.8% of the overall sector sales in 2017.
The report Retailing in Argentina, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Argentina retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Argentina retail industry.
This report also offers -
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories)
- Detailed major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Falabella, Grimoldi , Rapsodia, Dexter Shops,,Legacy, Mimo & Co, Zara, Cheeky, Cardon, Netshoes, Carrefour, DIA, La Anónima, Coto, Vea, Walmart, Changomas, Cooperative Obrera, YPF, Disco, Musimundo, Garbarino, Ribeiro, Walmart, Frávega, Carrefour, Cetrogar, Lucaioli, Megatone, Dell, Farmacity, Carrefour, Natura, Avon, Herbalife, La Anónima, Farmacias Vantage, DIA, Reino, Juleriaque, Cencosud SA, Sodimac, Carrefour, DIA, Colorshop, Pinturerías del Centro, Coto, Walmart Supercenter, Falabella, Pinturerías RexScope
Reasons to buy
- Improving domestic consumption to boost retail spending
- Retail sales to register slower growth in 2017-2022 compared to 2012-2017
- Food & grocery is the largest category but clothing & footwear the fastest growing
- Clothing & footwear to register the fastest growth between 2017-2022
- Food and grocery is the largest while clothing & footwear is the fastest growing sector
- Specialist retailers remain as preferred channel for purchases
- Food and drinks specialists hold more than a quarter of total retail sales
- Online channel is forecast to register the fastest growth between 2017 and 2022
- Price conscious consumers rely on the online channel for purchases, driving growth.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Argentina retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behaviour
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2012, with forecasts until 2022
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Argentina retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.