Opportunities in the Eastern Europe Make-Up Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High-Growth Economies
The Eastern Europe make-up sector accounted for a share of 5.6% in the global make-up market in 2018. The regional sector was valued at US$2,848.9 million in 2018, and is forecast to record growth at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2018-2023. Russia held the highest value share in Eastern Europe, accounting for 42.4% of the market in 2018, followed by Poland with a value share of 16.6%. Romania is expected to witness the fastest growth in value terms at a CAGR of 7.8% during 2018-2023.
The make-up sector in Eastern Europe is led by lip make-up with sales of US$947.1 million in 2018, translating into a share of 33.2% of the regional market value. The nail make-up category is forecast to register the fastest growth at a CAGR of 4.4% in the region during 2018-2023. Lip make-up also leads the volume sales with 176.8 million units, translating into a share of 33.6% in 2018.
Turkey, Poland, Romania, and Russia were shortlisted as high-potential countries, primarily due to the large make-up market size, projected high-value growth rates, and projected rising per capita value growth levels. Russia was the largest market in terms of both value and volume sales in 2018. The overall make-up market in the Eastern Europe region is partially consolidated, with the top five brands - Avon, Maybelline, Oriflame, L'Oréal Paris, and Max Factor - accounting for 39.1% of overall value sales in 2018.
Health & beauty stores, as a distribution channel, with a value share of 24.7%, are the leading distribution channel in the Eastern Europe make-up sector in 2018, followed by hypermarkets & supermarkets with a 16% share. As for packaging formats, rigid plastics, with a volume share of 77.6%, accounted for the largest share of pack materials used in the Eastern Europe make-up sector in 2018.
The report Opportunities in the Eastern Europe Make-Up Sector, brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the make-up sector in the region.
Companies market: L'oreal S.A, Coty Inc., Avon Products, Inc., Oriflame Cosmetics S.A., Yves Rocher International, Chanel S.A., LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, Mary Kay, Inc., The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Vivienne Cosmetics AG
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the make-up sector in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
Reasons to buy
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of make-up categories across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for meat across the key countries in the region, in 2018. It covers these distribution channels - health & beauty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, convenience stores, department stores and others, which includes cash & carries & warehouse clubs and vending machines and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various packaging materials, container, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (units) of make-up products.
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
- 1. Executive summary
- 2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
- Market size analysis - Eastern Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
- 3. Identifying high-potential countries in the Eastern Europe
- High-potential countries
- Identifying high-potential countries - methodology
- Identifying high-potential countries - risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
- 4. Market size and growth analysis (high-potential countries in the Eastern Europe)
- Overview - value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of make-up compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and make-up category
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
- 5. Country Profiles
- 6. Success Stories
- Make-up in Eastern Europe: case studies
- 7. Company and Brand Analysis
- Brand share analysis in the make-up sector
- Leading companies in the Eastern Europe make-up sector
- Leading brands in the Eastern Europe make-up sector
- Private label penetration in the Eastern Europe make-up sector
- 8. Key Distribution Channels
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
- 9. Key Packaging Formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
- 10. Challenges and Future Outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
- 11. Appendix
- List of Tables
- Regional comparison: Market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2018-2023
- Identifying high-potential countries - Risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
- High-potential countries in Eastern Europe - Overview
- Value share of make-up sector as a proportion of overall cosmetics & toiletries by country
- Change in consumption by market within make-up (value terms), 2018-2023
- Per Capita Consumption in Eastern Europe and high-potential countries, 2018
- Per Capita Expenditure in Eastern Europe and high-potential countries, 2018
- Turkey make-up - Overview, % value share by category, 2018
- Poland make-up - Overview % value share by category, 2018
- Romania make-up - Overview % value share by category, 2018
- Russia make-up - Overview % value share by category, 2018
- Leading brands in the Eastern Europe make-up sector and categories by value, 2018
- Leading companies in the Eastern Europe make-up sector by value sales (US$ million), 2018
- Leading Brands (including Private label) in the Eastern Europe make-up sector by value sales (US$ million), 2018
- Private Label penetration in the make-up sector, 2018
- Leading Distribution Channels in the Eastern Europe region by country, 2018
- Leading Distribution Channels in the Eastern Europe region by category, 2018
- List of Figures
- Annual value growth analysis by region, 2018-2023
- Annual volume growth analysis by region, 2018-2023
- Value and volume growth analysis by country, 2018-2023
- Value and volume growth analysis by category, 2018-2023
- Top four high-potential countries in Eastern Europe
- Country-level contribution to the growth of categories in Eastern Europe, 2018-2023
- Turkey make-up - Demographic Analysis
- Poland make-up - Demographic Analysis
- Romania make-up - Demographic Analysis
- Russia make-up - Demographic Analysis
- Key pack material volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by pack material, 2013-2023
- Key pack type volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by pack type, 2013-2023
- Key closure type volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by closure type, 2013-2023
- Key primary outer type volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by primary outer type, 2013-2023