Online Retailing in India, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Online Retailing in India, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to India retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Indian retail industry.
online sales have registered robust growth over the past three years, outperforming other channels in terms of growth, and are expected to increase their share of the country’s total retail sales from 1.2% in 2016 to 4.1% by 2021. Online sales in India are expected to register exponential growth over the next five years, which will be largely driven by increasing smartphone penetration (which grew by 18% in 2016 and surpassed the US) and rising internet use.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons to buy
- Indian online retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 44.8% during 2016-2021
- Increasing internet penetration and m-commerce driving online retailing
- Increasing adoption of the online channel in tier II and tier III cities to boost sales
- Affordability is the key to drive online clothing sales
- Convenience plays a key role in driving online grocery sales
- Online sales of refurbished and used electronics goods are picking up pace
- Online health & beauty retailing set to grow, but still low penetration
- Online home category sales account for less than 1% of the overall category sales
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Indian retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Indian retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Online summary
- Drivers and inhibitors
- Key trends
- Market context
- Online retail in India
- Clothing & accessories
- Food & grocery
- Health & beauty