Hot Topic: Loyalty Schemes
Hot Topic: Loyalty Schemes, report includes commentary around how retailers must implement loyalty schemes to better understand core shoppers and target them effectively as competition intensifies, how there is an opportunity for clothing retailers targeting 15-24s to drive brand loyalty, why retailers such as ASDA, Aldi, Lidl and Primark should invest and the benefits which retailers should include in loyalty schemes to make them attractive to shoppers.
This trend report offers comprehensive insight into loyalty schemes in the UK and in-depth analysis into which retailers should adopt a scheme and why, in addition to consumer attitudes towards loyalty schemes and usage behaviour.
Reasons to buy
- Loyalty schemes such as the Boots Advantage Card and Tesco Clubcard, which both launched in the UK over 20 years ago have become staples in the wallets of many shoppers. Indeed, 81.4% of online shoppers in the UK are signed up to a loyalty scheme.
- However, 32.6% of online shoppers stated that there was a retailer that does not currently offer a scheme which they would want one for, with the top retailers cited being Amazon, ASDA, Aldi, Lidl and Primark.
- Loyalty schemes are particularly influential and effective for increasing spend among younger shoppers - 71.6% of 15-24s said being a member of a loyalty scheme encouraged them to spend more. Therefore retailers such as Zara, Topshop and River Island are missing a trick by not offering a loyalty scheme.
- Utilise our detailed analysis to understand how to drive loyalty among your shopper base and to recognise the key benefits that loyalty schemes bring to retailers in an increasingly competitive market.
- Use our consumer data to comprehend which consumers use loyalty schemes and the effect on different demographics’ shopping behaviour to successfully target shoppers.
- Understand which retailers which should adopt loyalty schemes and the elements which are most beneficial for shoppers to ensure your customer loyalty strategy is effective.
- Who uses loyalty schemes
- How many schemes are users signed up to
- Frequency of usage
- User Motivations
- Desired loyalty schemes