Home Retailing in Ireland, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Home Retailing in Ireland, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Ireland retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Ireland Home industry.
As the economy recovers from the impact of the global financial crisis retail sales growth will more than double. CAGR for total retail 2016-2021 will be 2.6% compared with 1.1% over the previous five years. This will add €4.8bn in sales to reach €39.3bn by 2021. As consumer confidence returns and discretionary spending increases, Ireland is becoming an attractive market to foreign entrants again. Discounters Aldi and Lidl are expanding as consumers continue to seek value. Local retailer Woodies is currently the leading home player though its core home improvement market is growing much slower than both the furniture and homewares markets, as the trend is moving away from DIY to ‘do-it-for-me’. International retailers such as IKEA and harvey Norman are adding additional stores, while others are considering entering the market, attracted by the more steady economic conditions in the country.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Home category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Home sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Home sector
Reasons to buy
- Home sector sales increased from €3.5 billion in 2015 to €3.6 billion in 2016, and are expected to grow at 2.8% CAGR to reach €4.1 billion by 2021
- Local retailer Woodies is currently the leading home player
- Online sales in this sector are set to grow at a CAGR if 13.1% over the forecast period
- Home improvement and gardening is experiencing the slowest growth of the three major home sectors
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on home sector in the Ireland retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in home category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the home market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the home market
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail