Country Profile: Make-Up Sector in Ukraine
Ukrainian Make-Up sector accounted for a volume share of 0.29% of the global market and 3.5% of the regional (Eastern Europe) market, in 2016. The sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3% during 2016-2021.Growth in the sector can be attributed to growing ageing population that is keen on looking younger and increasing demand for natural products in the country.Per capita consumption stood at 0.36 units compared to the global and Eastern Europe levels of 1.08 units and 1.3 units, respectively, in 2016.
Lip Make-Up was the largest segment by value sales in 2016. However, Nail Make-Up is expected to grow the fastest at a CAGR of 4.4% compared to Eye Make-Up, Lip Make-Up (2.9%), and Face Make-Up.
Health & Beauty Stores was the leading distribution channel in the Ukrainian Make-Up sector, accounting for a total value share of 25.6% in 2016. It was followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and Drug Stores & Pharmacies. In 2016, Rigid Plastics was the most commonly used package material in the Ukrainian Make-Up sector. It accounted for a share of 71.6%, followed by Glass and Flexible Packaging.
Top five brands in the Ukrainian Make-Up sector accounted for 47.8% value share in 2016. Oriflame, the leading brand, accounted for 16% share by value in the same year.
The report Country Profile: Make-Up Sector in Ukraine, provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Eye Make-Up, Face Make-Up, Nail Make-Up, and Lip Make-Up with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Health & Beauty Stores, Department Stores, Drug Stores & Pharmacies, and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Rigid Plastics, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, and others; pack type data for: Specialty Container, Tube, Jar and Tub.
Coty, Inc., Procter & Gamble, Mary Kay, Inc., Revlon, Inc., The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Eveline Cosmetics S.A., L`Oreal S.A., Faberlic Ltd, Clarins Group, OriflameCosmetics S.A., Lumene Group, Artdeco Cosmetic Gmbh, Amway Corporation, InvimaAb, Ruby Rose International Ltd, Chanel S.A., DrScheller, Elizabeth Arden, Inc., CosnovaGmbh, Avon Products, Inc., E. Tjellesen A/S, LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, Yves Rocher International, Nogotok.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Ukrainian Make-Up sector is forecast to register volume growth of 12.1% during 2016-2021
- Ukraine ranks third on the extent of fragmentation when compared to the leading four countries in the region
- The top five brands accounting for a 47.8% share in 2016
- Lip Make-Up is the largest market in value and volume terms in the Ukrainian Make-Up sector
- Health & Beauty Stores was the leading distribution channel in the Ukrainian Make-Up sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Make-Up consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.