Cigars and Cigarillos in Sweden, 2019
Cigars and Cigarillos in Sweden, 2019, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Swedish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Sweden has one of the lowest daily smoking rates in Europe and, in per capita terms, the consumption of cigarettes is also significantly lower in Sweden than in many other European countries. Snus is marketed in Sweden as an alternative to smoking and accounted for 57.2% of tobacco sales in 2018. Cigars and cigarillos are the smallest market within the tobacco sector, with 0.6% of sales in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Cigars and cigarillos are the smallest market within the tobacco sector, with 0.6% of sales in 2018.
- The Swedish cigar and cigarillo market has been in broad decline since the early 1990s. Nevertheless, the past decade has seen some stability in sales.
- Imports were up at 101 million pieces in 2017, with volumes down on recent years. The Netherlands and Germany are the most important suppliers.
- The leader of the Swedish cigar and cigarillo market is the Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG).
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco products market, %, 2008 & 2018
- Tobacco products market, tons, 2008-2018
- Market size and structure
- Consumption of Cigars & Cigarillos, Million Pieces, 2008-2018
- Per Capita Consumption, Pieces Per Year, 2008-2018
- Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, Million Pieces 2008-2018
- Total & Per Capita Consumption of Cigarillos, 2008-2018
- Total & Per Capita Consumption of Large Cigars, 2008-2018
- Production and trade
- Production of Cigars & Cigarillos, 2005-2015
- Imports, Tons, 2007-2017
- Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, %, 2017
- Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos, Volume, € ‘000, 2007-2017
- Exports, Tons, 2007-2017
- Exports of cigars & cigarillos, € ‘000, 2007-2017
- Taxation and retail prices
- Excise Rate in Sweden, 2007-2018
- EU: Cigars & Cigarillos, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2018
- Cigarillos: Retail Prices, June 2017
- Cigars: Retail Prices, June 2017
- Manufacturers and brands
- Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares, % Volume, 2010-2017
- Cigarillos: Brand Shares, % Volume, 2004, 2007, 2009-2011
- Large Cigars: Brand Shares, % Volume, 2009
- The smoking population
- Adult Smoking Prevalence, Total and by Gender, %, 2007-2017
- Adult Daily Smoking Prevalence, Total and by Gender, %, 2008/09-2016
- Smokers by Gender, Age Group, Regular & Occasional, %, 2008/09-2016
- Prevalence of Daily Smoking, Adults by Region, %, 2015
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Heath warnings and labeling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Retail structure
- Prospects and forecasts
- Cigars & Cigarillos Consumption, Million Pieces, 2018-2028
- Per Capita Consumption, Pieces Per Year, 2018-2028