Cigarettes in Zimbabwe, 2018
Cigarettes in Zimbabwe, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Zimbabwe.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, tax increases driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking. There are currently 0.97 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 22.9% of adult male and 0.5% female smokers in 2017, or 11.7% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 95 pieces in 2017, compared with 231 pieces in 2000 and 222 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
Reasons to buy
- Market volume in 2017 was 1.4 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Zimbabwe consumers consumed an average of 95 cigarettes in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns.
- As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production and Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings and Labeling Requirements
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9. Company Profiles
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales & Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2017
- Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Shares, Percentage Share (%), 2000-2017
- Table 5: Cigarettes Prices, US$/Pack 2008, 2010 & 2012
- Table 6: Cigarettes Prices, US$20 per Pack 2011
- Table 7: Smoking Population, 1990-2017
- Table 8: Cigarette Smoking Prevalence by Gender, Age and Province, 2006, Percentage Share (%)
- Table 9: Cigarette Smoking Prevalence by Education and Wealth, 2006, Percentage Share (%)
- Table 10: Cigarette Production, 1990-2017
- Table 11: Cigarette Imports, 1995-2016
- Table 12: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
- Table 13: Cigarette Exports, 1993-2016
- Table 14: Exports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
- Table 15: Company profile: British American Tobacco Zimbabwe Ltd
- Table 16: Company profile: Pacific Cigarette Company (formerly Savanna Tobacco)
- Table 17: Consumption Forecasts to 2027
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance