Cigarettes in Zambia, 2018
Cigarettes in Zambia, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Zambia.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, tax increases driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking. There are currently 0.98 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 34.5% of adult male and 1.5% female smokers in 2017, or 12.9% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 91 pieces in 2017, compared with 85 pieces in 2000 and 210 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
Reasons to buy
- Market volume in 2017 was 1.45 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Zambian consumers consumed an average of 91 cigarettes in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns.
- As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Market Size
- Table Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017
- Table Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
- Market Structure
- Table Market Segmentation: Filter vs. Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
- Table Market Segmentation: Filter vs. Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2014, Percentage Share (%)
- Manufacturers & Brands
- Table Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2017
- Table Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Percentage Share (%), 2000-2017
- Taxation & Retail Prices
- Retail Prices
- Table Retail Prices, Leading Brands, 2008 & 2010, Zk/Pack
- The Smoking Population
- Table Smoking Population, 1990-2017
- Table Cigarette Smokers by Gender, 2007, Percentage Share (%)
- Table Cigarette Smokers by Location, 2007, Percentage Share (%)
- Table Smoking Prevalence, Tobacco & Cigarettes, 2009
- Production and Trade
- Table Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, Million Pieces
- Table Imports, Volume(Million Pieces), 1995-2017
- Table Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
- Table Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Percentage Share (%)
- Table Exports, Volume(Million Pieces), 1995-2017
- Table Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
- Table Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, %
- Operating Constraints
- Advertising Restrictions
- Health Warnings
- Government Restrictions
- Company Profiles
- Table Company profile: Roland Imperial Tobacco Ltd
- Table Company Profile: British American Tobacco (Zambia) Plc.
- Prospects & Forecasts
- Table Consumption Forecasts to 2027
- What is this Report About?
- Time Frame
- Product Category Coverage
- Table Figure 1: Methodology
- About GlobalData
- Table Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance
- Contact Us