Cigarettes in UAE, 2018
Cigarettes in UAE, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the UAE market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The UAE is a significant import-export destination and export trade was estimated at 38.5 billion pieces in 2016. The country is a member of the GCC and in line with other members has been proactive in seeking to reduce smoking levels, with a combination of economic and other measures being used to achieve this aim. Looking at 2017, the main impact to hit the market was the change in the way that excise tax was levied on cigarettes, which came into force in October. Although prior to the change increased purchases are likely to have been made, in the immediate aftermath sales are believed to have halved. Imported international cigarettes dominate the internal market.
Reasons to buy
- The domestic cigarette market in the UAE is well developed and completely converted to filter tipped cigarettes as a result of GCC actions that outlawed plain, unfiltered varieties.
- King size is the dominant length with nearly all brands marketed offered in the 85mm format.
- In 2017, the main international players were PMI with a 29.5% share, BAT with a reduced 25.5%, and JTI with a 15% share.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings/Labeling Requirements
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9. Prospects & Forecasts
- 10. Appendix
- 10.1. What is this Report About?
- 10.2. Time Frame
- 10.3. Product Category Coverage
- 10.4. Methodology
- 10.5. About GlobalData
- 10.6. Disclaimer
- 10.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017
- Table 2: Legal vs. Contraband Cigarette Sales, 2004-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
- Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2002-2017, Million Pieces
- Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2002-2017, %
- Table 6: Smoking Population, 1990-2017
- Table 7: Dubai: Smoking Incidence by Age & Gender, 2009, %
- Table 8: Dubai: Smoking Incidence by Ethnicity & Gender, 2009
- Table 9: Cigarette Production, 2007-2012
- Table 10: Import Volumes, 2001-2016
- Table 11: Cigarette Imports by Country or Origin, 2005 and 2007-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 12: Export Volumes, 2003-2016
- Table 13: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2005 and 2007-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 14: Consumption Forecasts, 2017-2027
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance