Cigarettes in Sudan, 2017
Cigarettes in Sudan, 2017, is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette sales have increased in recent years due to the improvement in the economy and partly as a reflection of a population which has grown by 2.5%-3% a year. 2006 saw a downturn - the first for a decade - but strong growth resumed and continued since with cigarettes consumption reaching 6,600 million pieces in 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Legitimate per capita sales for Sudan were estimated at 180 pieces in 2016, up from 78 pieces in 2000 and 71 pieces at the start of the review period in 1990.
- The two main manufacturers in Sudan are Haggar Cigarette and Tobacco Factory, the dominant player. Both have recently been acquired by multinational.
- Imports are believed to be rising and standing at 300 million pieces in 2015. Exports are not believed to be a significant feature of the market.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Government Restrictions
- 9. Company Profiles
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 2: Cigarette Consumption by Country, 2010-2016
- Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 4: Market Structure: Domestic v Imported, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 5: Market Structure: Domestic v Imported, 2000-2015, %
- Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2002-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, %
- Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
- Table 9: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015, Million pieces
- Table 10: Cigarette Imports, 1994-2015, Million pieces
- Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2009, Million Pieces
- Table 12: Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2009, %
- Table 13: Imports by Exporting Country, 2010-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 14: Haggar Cigarette & Tobacco Factory Ltd
- Table 15: Blue Nile Cigarette Company Ltd
- Table 16: Consumption Forecasts, Million pieces, 2016-2026
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance