Cigarettes in Paraguay, 2020
Cigarettes in Paraguay, 2020 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the tobacco market in Paraguay. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
Legitimate, domestic duty-paid consumption is forecast at 3,800 million pieces in 2019, but overall legitimate industry sales in Paraguay, including sales destined for parallel export, are estimated at nearer 30 billion pieces. Tabesa leads the market with an estimated 53.5% in 2019, followed by PMI with 24% and BAT with 20%. GlobalData estimates that there were 995,000 smokers in Paraguay in 2019. Of these, 27.4% of men are smokers compared to 11.4% of women.
Reasons to Buy
- A fall to 3,900 million pieces is estimated for 2018 as the impact of this tax raised prices with a further decline to 3,800 million pieces forecasted for 2019 as a result of a further increase in ad valorem tax.
- Uruguay accounting for 37.1% of the total in 2018. Chile took second place with 23.8% in 2018 while Indonesia was in third place (14.9%) and Argentina fourth (10.2%).
- Sales are ultimately forecast at 3,930 million pieces in 2030. With a rising population, per capita consumption rates are expected to be down 1.5% on 2020 at 493 pieces in 2030.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation& Retail
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production and Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9. Company Profiles
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2019
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2019
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2003-2019
- Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % of Total, 2003-2019
- Table 5: Smoking Population, 1990-2019
- Table 6: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, million pieces
- Table 7: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2018
- Table 8: Cigarettes Imports by Country of Origin,2008-2018, Million Pieces
- Table 9: Cigarettes Imports by Country of Origin,2008-2018, %
- Table 10: Cigarette Exports 1993-2018
- Table 11: Cigarette exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2018, Volume (Million Pieces)
- Table 12: Cigarette exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2018, %
- Table 13: Company Profile: Tabacalera del Este SA (Tabesa)
- Table 14: Company Profile: Philip Morris Paraguay SA
- Table 15: Company profile: BAT Paraguay SA
- Table 16: Consumption Forecasts to 2020-2030, Million Pieces
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: Global Data at a glance