Cigarettes in Kuwait, 2019
Cigarettes in Kuwait, 2019, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Kuwaiti tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Kuwait is one of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states. The cigarette market has been growing strongly in recent years and stood at 6.600 million pieces in 2017, 298.0% above levels at the beginning of the 1990s. Per capita consumption, estimated at 2,313 pieces per year in 2017, is high by regional standards and 195.4% ahead of levels in 1990.
Reasons to buy
- The incidence of smoking is relatively high, standing at an estimated 21.9% in 2018.
- With no local manufacturers, Kuwait is entirely supplied by imports. These are led by PMI, which was credited with a high share of sales in 2016; Marlboro is by far the most popular brand.
- GlobalData’s forecast for 2018 is somewhat pessimistic, following the recent enforcement of a public smoking ban with fines for offenders and rising prices. The impact of a doubling of excise duty is expected to help reduce sales which are forecast down at 6.500 million pieces.
- Shortages of cigarettes in early 2018 are understood to have led to hoarding and the illegal hiking of prices by retailers of between 20% and 30%.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings/Packaging Restrictions
- 8.3. Government Restrictions
- 9. Prospects & Forecasts
- 10. Appendix
- 10.1. What is this Report About?
- 10.2. Time Frame
- 10.3. Product Category Coverage
- 10.4. Methodology
- 10.5. About GlobalData
- 10.6. Disclaimer
- 10.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2018
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2018
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales, 2001-2018, Million Pieces
- Table 4: Market Share, 2001-2018, % Share
- Table 5: Smoking Population, 1990-2018
- Table 6: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2017
- Table 7: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
- Table 8: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, % share
- Table 9: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2017
- Table 10: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2008
- Table 11: Consumption Forecasts 2018-2028
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance