Cigarettes in Iraq, 2017
Cigarettes in Iraq, 2017, is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Iraqi market.
Since 2003 Iraq has been in political and social turmoil due to war and more recently Islamic State (IS) which occupied large swathes of northern Iraq from 2014. Despite this the economy has performed relatively well and the IS-controlled territory has shrunk. Strong economic growth and an expanding population look certain to boost duty paid cigarette sales. Volumes are forecast to grow substantially to 2026, as are per capita sales.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2016 to 2026.
Reasons to buy
- The Iraqi State Manufacturing Enterprise (ITSE) was for many years the country's only manufacturer, despite it suffering from the 2003 conflict when production was halted. ITSE offered a limited line-up of brands with Sumer King Size the most popular. Ben and Chemdan were notable value brands. It was joined by a smaller rival, Iraqi Cigarette Manufacturing Company (ICMC), in 2000. ITSE has now changed its name to SCTC (State Company for Tobacco and Cigarettes) and is in the process of re-opening the Baghdad cigarette factory.
- As part of the reconstruction of Iraq, there has been a sale of state-owned assets, with ITSE among these. European Tobacco purchased two ITSE facilities in early 2005 with plans to refurbish both sites for domestic and export sales. However, the company has yet to operate in the market.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Irish market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9. Company Profiles
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 2: Total Consumption, Illegal & Legal Sales, Billions, 1990-2016
- Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 4: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 5: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2000-2015, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Share, 2010
- Table 7: Leading Cigarette Brands, 2014
- Table 8: Smoking population,1990-2016
- Table 9: Cigarette Production, 1990-2008
- Table 10: Estimated Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 1990-2001
- Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 12: Import Trends, Billion Pieces 2003-2016
- Table 13: Company profile: State Company for Tobacco and Cigarettes
- Table 14: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: Global Data at a glance