Cigarettes in Ecuador, 2017
Cigarettes in Ecuador, 2017, is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The market for cigarettes in Ecuador is characterized by a sizeable non-duty paid sector estimated at 23.5% of sales in 2016. Legitimate sales volumes fell by 3.7% in 2016 to stand at 2.6 billion pieces, 13.8% above 1990 levels. The prevalence of smoking is believed to have been in gradual decline since the mid-1990s. Despite this, the strong rate of population growth means that the number of adult smokers continues to increase despite incidence falling with current levels being 45.5% higher than in 1990. Total duty paid volume is forecast to remain depressed in the short term dropping to 2,500 million pieces in 2017 and 2018. Thereafter some recovery of the market is expected as the economy improves with volumes up at 2,830 million pieces in 2026.
Reasons to buy
- The market for cigarettes in Ecuador remains comparatively small despite growth during the past two decades with contraband believed to have increased to 800 million pieces in 2016 which is equivalent to 23.5% of total sales.
- Per capita consumption is expected to be down 3.1% on 2016 at 157 pieces in 2026 as a result of current economic difficulties.
- The legitimate market is dominated by PMI with virtually 100% of sales.
- PMI's only rival now is BAT, which supplies the market from Chile and Argentina, but its share is marginal.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9. Company Profiles
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tabless
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, Legitimate Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Million pieces
- Table 4: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2016, %
- Table 5: Summary of Cigarettes Taxes, 2017
- Table 6: Retail Prices of Selected Brands, 2003-2008, Price (US$)
- Table 7: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
- Table 8: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, Million pieces
- Table 9: Cigarette Imports, 1993-2010
- Table 10: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2010, Million Pieces
- Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2010, %
- Table 12: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 13: Exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 14: Industrias del Tabaco, Alimentos y Bebidas SA (Itabsa)
- Table 15: Consumption Forecasts, Million pieces, 2016-2026
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology 40
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 42