Cigarettes in DR Congo, 2019
Cigarettes in DR Congo, 2019, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in DR Congo's tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
The market for cigarettes in the Democratic Republic of Congo has recorded fluctuating performance since the mid-1980s. The steady deterioration in the country's economic fortunes during the 1990s reduced consumption levels to a low of 2,544 million pieces in 1993, although by the end of 2009, duty paid sales were up at 7.2 million pieces. The latest data for 2018 places sales up at 6.7 million pieces, helped by rising imports.
Reasons to buy
- A 15.9% rise in sales to 6,500 million pieces was estimated for 2017, with rising import volumes the main reason behind this.
- Filter products dominate, with 86% of sales. Improvements in the market between 1994 and 1996 saw filter cigarettes increase their sales and share.
- Menthol cigarettes hold only a small share of sales. Mentholated cigarettes saw their popularity decline during the 1990s.
- The market is dominated by international manufacturers. This is the result of a number of factors including the merger of BAT and Rothmans in 1999.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Government Restrictions
- 9. Company Profiles
- 9.1. Société Industrielle et Agricole du Tabac Tropical (SIAT)
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2018
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2018
- Table 3: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter vs. Plain, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
- Table 4: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter vs. Plain, 2007-2017, %
- Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2018, Million Pieces
- Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2018, %
- Table 7: Retail Prices, Selected Brands, 2008 & 2010, CFA/Pack
- Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2018
- Table 9: Youth Smoking (Kinshasa & Lubumbashi), 2008
- Table 10: Cigarette Production, 1990-2017
- Table 11: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2017, Million Pieces
- Table 12: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
- Table 13: Société Industrielle et Agricole du Tabac Tropical (SIAT)
- Table 14: Consumption Forecasts, 2018-2028
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance