Cigarettes in the Czech Republic, 2017
Cigarettes in the Czech Republic, 2017
Cigarettes in the Czech Republic, 2017, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Czech market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The Czech Republic gained independence in 1993, having previously been part of Czechoslovakia. It has a population of 10.6 million. The legitimate market for cigarettes has been in decline for a number of years, although recently there have been signs of stabilization. Falls have largely come as a result of the price increases brought about by tax rises. The value sector remains the fastest growing sector as a result of such price increases. Although the premium sector has been sustained to some extent by foreign visitors taking advantage of local prices, recent price increases are reducing this advantage.
Reasons to buy
- PMI dominates the market, although its market share continues to be eroded by its major competitors.
- Taxation remains a major problem with sizeable increases since 2004 as the government has sought to reach the EU's minimum percentage.
- Cigarette sales are forecast to contract by 20.5% between 2016 and 2026 with rising prices and the reduction in smoking opportunities being the main reasons.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings/ Labelling Requirements
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9. Company Profile
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%)
- Table 5: Cigarette Brand Shares, 2005-2014, % Volume
- Table 6: EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, 2017
- Table 7: Cigarette Prices by Sector, 2003-2012
- Table 8: Development of Cigarette Prices, 2000-2015, Kč /Pack
- Table 9: Retail Price List, 2012
- Table 10: Smoking population,1990-2016
- Table 11: Adults Smoking at Least One Cigarette a Day by Age Group, 2000-2010
- Table 12: Smoking Prevalence by Number of Cigarettes Smoked, 1997-2010
- Table 13: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
- Table 14: Imports of Cigarettes, 1993-2016
- Table 15: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 16: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%)
- Table 17: Export of Cigarettes, 1993-2016
- Table 18: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 19: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%)
- Table 20: Company Profile: Philip Morris CR as
- Table 21: Company Profile: British American Tobacco (Czech Republic) sro
- Table 22: Company Profile: Imperial Tobacco CR sro(2)
- Table 23: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance