Cigarettes in Bolivia, 2017
Cigarettes in Bolivia, 2017, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Bolivia.
Bolivia remains one of Latin America's poorest and least developed countries with just under 50% of the population living below the poverty line. Yet in contrast to many of its neighbors, Bolivia's economy has recently been performing well with GDP growth averaging 5% per annum and inflation at a similar level. Although regional growth is sporadic, and despite a lack of foreign investment in the mining and hydrocarbon sectors, and high expectations from consumers about improvements to the economy, the current prudent approach to monetary policy appears successful. The legitimate market for cigarettes has seen strong, if somewhat sporadic, growth in recent years helped by improvements in the economy and in disposable incomes.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2016 to 2026.
Reasons to buy
- Between 1990 and 2013, volumes expanded by 153% to 2.52 billion pieces.
- In per capita terms, Bolivians consumed an average of 220 cigarettes in 2015 - which is low - but true consumption levels are possibly as high as 400 pieces per year if contraband and counterfeit sales are included.
- Smoking is quite prevalent, with an estimated total incidence rate of 34.9% in 2016.
- Filter cigarettes dominate the market with 95% of sales.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Constraints
- 9. Company Profiles
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tabless
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2015
- Table 3: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 4: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, % Breakdown
- Table 5: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark, 2000-2006, Million Pieces
- Table 6: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark, 2000-2006, % Breakdown
- Table 7: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 8: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2016, %
- Table 9: Manufacturer Prices of Cigarettes, 1995-2013
- Table 10: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
- Table 11: Prevalence of Smoking by Gender, 1992-2008
- Table 12: Smoking Prevalence by Social Class, 2000
- Table 13: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
- Table 14: Cigarette Imports, Volume & Value, 1990-2014
- Table 15: Cigarette imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 16: Cigarette imports by Country of Origin, Volume, %, 2000-2016
- Table 17: Cigarette Exports: Volume & Value, 1990-2012
- Table 18: Compañia Industrial de Tabacos SA (Citsa)
- Table 19: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology 36
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 38