COVID-19 Impact on Colgate-Palmolive
COVID-19 Impact on Colgate-Palmolive reports key findings as of 3rd February, 2021 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Colgate-Palmolive’s diversity, both in terms of geographical presence and product portfolio, helped the company perform well amidst the pandemic. It witnessed a net sale increase of 7.5% during the fourth quarter of 2020, and this performance is expected to continue in 2021 as well. Although its revenues are skewed towards the cosmetics and toiletries business, which may experience slowdown in some regions, it is expected to perform well over the forecast period. Overall, the company has many core strengths that leave it well placed to deal with the COVID-19 outbreak, based on the latest available information.
Reasons to Buy
- Colgate-Palmolive’s major markets, the US and Brazil, rank low on the COVID-19 economic recovery scorecard, which may prove to be a cause for concern
- Colgate-Palmolive is expected to experience favorable market conditions across all regions except Latin America over the forecast period
- Colgate-Palmolive’s main businesses, cosmetics and toiletries and household products, are expected to grow across all regions during 2020-2025
- Colgate-Palmolive is particularly investing in DTC brands in order to entice Millennial consumers
- Colgate-Palmolive's sentiment score dipped in the fourth quarter of 2020 in comparison to the previous quarter
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- COVID 19 impact analysis on Colgate Palmolive key findings as of 3 rd February 2021
- Geographic spread analysis Colgate Palmolive brand sales
- The impact of COVID 19 and economic recovery prospects
- The forecasts for Colgate Palmolive's regional sectors
- About GlobalData