Best Practices in Retail: Sensors - Creating a competitive edge for Retailers
Best Practices in Retail: Sensors, a Best Practices report by GlobalData, is one among the many offerings in Digital Industry product line up, which provides business overview of the company, and a case study focused on the implementation of Sensors within the enterprises.
Reasons to buy
- Business Challenges: This section provides key business challenges faced by the company and how the company addressed them.
- Context: This section provides an overview of the client’s business, technology under focus and technology vendor details..
- Solutions Deployed: This section provides details about the solutions deployed by the enterprise.
- Deployment Process & Challenges: This section includes details about deployment of the technology and challenged faced during the implementation.
- Benefits Realized: This section analyses benefits realized by the company after implementing the technology/solution.
- Next Steps: This section provides details about the company’s future plans related to technology investment, implementation and use.
- This best practices report provides a brief overview of The Kroger Company, Thomas Pink, Bean Pole, Westfield Stratford City, and Hatemoglu, identifies key business challenges and how the companies planned to overcome those challenges using Sensors.
- The report drives special focus on the entreprises’ deployment of ‘Sensors’ and the benefits the company realized following the technology’s deployment and implementation.
- The report provides an in-depth insight into the technology deployment, and the challenges faced by the companies during technology implementation, enabling the vendor to focus on those issues.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Case Studies
- 2.1 The Kroger Company
- 2.2 Thomas Pink
- 2.3 Bean Pole
- 2.4 Westfield Stratford City
- 2.5 Hatemoglu
- 3 Advice for IT Vendors
- 4 Appendix
- 4.1 Further reading
- 4.2 Contact the authors
- 4.3 Contact Us