World Cigarettes - Syria 2014
“Cigarettes in Syria” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Syria Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- A further sharp drop of around 18.3% to 13.12 billion pieces followed in 2013, due to the ongoing impact of trade sanctions on imports of foreign brands and local production difficulties. Forecasts for 2014 put legitimate sales some 14.3% lower at 11.25 billion pieces.
- GOT brands accounted for around 80% of volume sales in 2013, up from 44.1% in 2010 although volumes were lower.
- Duty paid volumes are tentatively forecast at 24 billion pieces by 2023, with per capita rates recovering to 929 pieces/year by then based on legitimate sales.
Reasons To Buy
- “Cigarettes in Syria” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Syria.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Syria. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Syria.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Syria along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Syria, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
- Market Size
- Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
- Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
- Total Cigarette Market, 1993-2013
- Market Structure
- Manufacturers & Brands
- Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2014
- Taxation & Retail Prices
- Retail Prices
- Cigarette Price Index, 2005-2010
- Retail Prices, Leading Brands, March 2012
- The Smoking Population
- Smoking Population, 1990-2013
- Production & Trade
- Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
- Imports of Cigarettes, 1993-2013
- Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2010
- Exports to Syria, 2010-2013
- Operating Constraints
- Advertising Restrictions
- Health Warnings
- Government Restrictions
- Company Profiles
- General Organisation of Tobacco (GOT)
- Prospects & Forecasts
- Consumption Forecasts to 2023