PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - France
Four major regions of France generated around 57.2% of the country’s GDP and comprised 47.8% of the country’s population in 2017
European countries were the largest source of FDI inflows into France in 2018.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 30.6% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (13.7%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (13.2%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.1%, 2.6% and 2.9%, respectively, in 2019.
Reasons to buy
- As per the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in France was unchanged over the last two years with a rank of 16th out of 160 countries in 2016 and 2018.
- The overall CAC 40 index exhibited a downward trend last year. As of August 23 2019, CAC 40 index stood at 5,326.9, compared to 5,419.3 on August 23 2018.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: France’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: France CAC 40 Stock Market Index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 6: Net FDI inflow (2010-2018) and Net FDI inflow by sectors (2017-2018)
- Exhibit 7: Net FDI inflow by country (2017-2018) and Net FDI inflow by region (2018)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2018)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2018
- Exhibit 14: Aircraft, Spacecraft, and Parts Thereof, % Of World Total, 2018
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (August 2012-August 2019)
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990,2000,2010.2020f)
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (1990,2000,2010.2020f)
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990,2000,2010.2020f)
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2018e
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population, 2018
- Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2018 or latest year available)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in France 2019
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2011-2016)