PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Chile
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 25.7% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (24.1%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (12.4%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 7%, 7.3% and 7.6%, respectively in 2018.
The Chilean government earmarked US$28.0 bn for investment in new infrastructure projects by 2021.
Reasons to buy
- Four major regions in Chile generated around 66.8% of the country’s GDP, comprising of 66% of the country’s population in 2017
- Brazil, Argentina and Peru were the top three investors, contributing the most to FDI inflows to Chile in 2017.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Chile’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Chile Stock Index (IGPA)
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: FDI inflows (2009-2017) and investments by sector (2015-2017)
- Exhibit 7: Share of FDI by region (2017) and investment by country (2015-2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
- Exhibit 14: Ores, Slag and Ash, % Share in World’s Total, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Population, 2018
- Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports), 2016
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Chile 2019
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions