India Bottled Water Market, By Stock Keeping Unit (Less than 500ml, 1-2L, more than 5L), By Packaging (Glasses, Bottles, Barrels) By Company, By Region, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, FY2016-FY2026
India bottled water market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of over 13% in value terms and to reach over USD5000 million by FY2026. India bottled water market is witnessing consistent growth, owing to increasing population and urbanization. Moreover, factors such as rising health awareness, unavailability of safe drinking water, and increasing awareness of the importance of safe drinking water for maintaining good health are further fueling the bottled water market in India.
Safe drinking water has become a major issue in India, with rising health issues and increasing COVID-19 cases attributing to the growth of bottled water market. India is a developing country with majority of the population staying in rural areas, where there is a scarcity of information concerning the requirement to drink safe water, however step by step growing urbanization can build the drinking water market throughout the forecast period. The concept of bottled water came into existence in the early 1900s in Western countries and in mid 1970s in India. The past few decades have played an important role in growing the market. Expanded mindfulness among the developing populace about the significance of safe drinking water for keeping up great wellbeing, alongside a sharp ascent in per capita pay is spurring interest in filtered and purified water in India.
India bottled water market can be segregated based on stock-keeping units, packaging, company, and region. The most dominant unit in SKU’s is 1-2 L as it is the most convenient, easy to carry, and widely available in the country. India bottled water market has also been segmented based on packaging while the dominant package being bottles, which are consumed by individuals at a higher rate. Rising foreign tourist arrivals in the country are also leading to the growing demand for bottled water.
Major companies operating the India bottled water market are Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd., The Coca- Cola Company (Kinley)., PepsiCo India (Aquafina)., Parle Agro Pvt. Ltd. (Bailey), Tata consumer Products Limited (Himalayan).
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: FY2016-FY2019
Base Year: FY2020
Estimated Year: FY2021
Forecast Period: FY2022-FY2026
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze the historical growth in the market size of the India bottled water market from FY2016 to FY2020.
- To estimate and forecast the India bottled water market from FY2021 to FY2026.
- To classify and forecast India bottled water market based on stock keeping units, by packaging, By company and region.
- To identify dominant region or segment in the India bottled water market.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India bottled water market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in India bottled water market.
- To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in India bottled water market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of manufacturers across the country. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the manufacturers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the manufacturers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the country.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of India bottled water market using a Top-down approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product Stock Keeping Units and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Manufacturers, distributors, and end users
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers.
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to bottled water.
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India bottled water market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- India Bottled Water Market, By Stock Keeping Units
- Less than 500ml
- More than 2L
- India Bottled Water Market, By Packaging:
- India Bottled Water Market, By Company:
- Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd.
- The Coca- Cola Company (Kinley)
- PepsiCo India (Aquafina)
- Parle Agro Pvt. Ltd. (Bailey)
- Tata consumer Products Limited (Himalayan)
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in India bottled water market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order. Single User license will be delivered in PDF format without