Cocoa & Chocolate - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Cocoa & Chocolate market is accounted for $48500.00 million in 2017 and is expected to reach $75591.33 million by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period. Use of chocolates as a functional food and low penetration rate in developing countries are some key factors influencing the market growth. However, changing consumer preferences and low growth rates in major markets are hampering the market growth.
Cocoa contains more phenolic antioxidants than most foods. Flavonoids, including catechin, epicatechin and procyanidins predominate in antioxidant activity. The tricyclic structure of the ﬂavonoids determines antioxi-dant effects that scavenge reactive oxygen species, chelate Fe2+ and Cu+, inhibit enzymes, and upregulate antioxidant defenses. The epicatechin content of cocoa is primarily responsible for its favorable impact onvascular endothelium via its effect on both acute and chronic upregulation of nitric oxide production. Cocoa can protect nerves from injury and in-ﬂammation, protect the skin from oxidative damage from UV radiation in topical preparations, and havebeneﬁcial effects on satiety, cognitive function, and mood. As cocoa is predominantly consumed as energy-densechocolate, potential detrimental effects of overconsumption exist, including increased risk of weight gain.
Amongst End User, Pharmaceuticals segment accounted for the signifiacnt market share in the global market due to capable health benefits of cocoa & chocolate in pharmaceuticals provides enough evidence to encourage manufacturers to consider using such ingredients. By geography, Asia-Pacific acquired the largest market share in the global market owing to more and more flattering an attractive market for chocolate manufacturers.
Some of the key players in the global Cocoa & Chocolate market are Alpezzi Chocolate, Kerry Group, Ghirardelli, Cemoi, Foley’s Candies LP, TCHO, FUJI OIL, Republica Del Cacao, Blommer Chocolate Company, Valrhona, Cargill, Puratos, Ferrero, Irca, Guittard, Olam, Nestle SA, Mars, Barry Callebaut and Hershey.
End Users Covered:
• Food & Beverage
• North America
Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the clients interest (Note: Depends of feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances