Central African Republic: Country Intelligence Report
Total telecom service revenue in Central African Republic reached $72.5 million in 2018 and will increase at a CAGR of 6.9% over 2018-2023 to reach $101 million by 2023, supported by revenue growth across all the segments, while mobile data segment remains the major revenue driver over the forecast period.
Central African Republic: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Central African Republic today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Central African Republic.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- The overall telecom service revenue in Central African Republic will grow at a CAGR of 6.9% over 2018-2023.
- Mobile services revenue accounted for 97.7% of the total telecom service revenue in 2018.
- Mobile voice accounted for 78.5% of the total telecom service revenue in 2018.
- Top three operators Telecel, Orange, and Moov accounted for 94.9% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2018.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Central African Republic’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Central African Republic’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Central African Republic’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Central African Republic.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Telecel CAR
- Orange CAR
- Moov CAR
- Azur CAR
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData