Turkey Baby Food
“Turkey Baby Food” is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Turkish market.
The Turkish baby food market performed strongly up to 2015/16, stimulated by a buoyant economy and strong marketing activity. Volume has dropped in the last two or three years as a result of a less positive economy, but price rises, particularly in baby milks, have been high, due to high inflation coupled with currency depreciation. The sector has become more polarised, with the main manufacturers now offering a low-priced range, alongside their main premium ranges.
Baby milks continue to account for the vast bulk of sales. Wet meals have been the most dynamic of category, albeit from an extremely small base. Hero, as well as a number of Turkish manufacturers involved in liquid milks, baby cereals, and finger foods, produce baby food locally. Imports of milks and cereals rose up to 2017, but imports of milks appear to be down heavily in 2018. Imports of meals are low and mainly sourced from eastern European countries. Danone — via its Aptamil, Milupa, and Bebelac brands —dominates the sector, claiming two-thirds of value. Its nearest rivals are Hipp and Hero. A fairly large number of manufacturers are present in milks, but competition in other categories is limited. The number of babies is forecast to fall, acting as a brake on higher growth, although the economy is expected to gradually improve on its performance in the recent past, which should encourage sales.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons to buy
- Sales have shown strong growth, rising by XX% in value from 2012 to 2018, but consumption has fallen back since 2016.
- First stage milks continue to constitute the largest segment, accounting for XX% of volume in 2018. Although they look set to lose this position to growing-up milks in the near future.
- Baby cereals are considerably more expensive than standard cereals, which has limited the category's growth potential, as many consumers continue to feed their babies standard cereals, rather than opting for baby-specific ones.
- The Meals category Growth has been more rapid than for cereals; value sales are up by XX% since 2012, and in 2014 sales in volume overtook sales of baby cereals.
- The Baby Drinks category is the smallest in the baby food sector, accounting for only around XX% of value sales.
- Supermarkets and other food outlets are now estimated to hold around XX% of all baby food sales, with pharmacies accounting for approximately XX% of value sales
- Potential sales will be affected by the gradual decline in the number of babies aged 0-3, which will drop from XX million in 2018 to XX million in 2024, but a more influential factor will be the performance of the economy. Virtually no GDP growth in 2019 will lead to a decline in volume sales, and although higher rates are expected from 2020 onwards, the high growth rates of the 2010-2015 period are unlikely to recur
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
- Executive Summary
- The Consumer
- Socio-demographic Trends
- Working Women
- Breastfeeding Trends
- Manufacturer Shares
- Category Analysis
- Baby Milks
- Baby Cereals & Dry Meals
- Baby Drinks & Finger Foods
- Production & Trade
- Company Profiles
- Other Manufacturers
- Hero Gida Sanayi ve Ticaret AS
- Hipp Dış Ticaret Ltd
- Abbott Laboratories AS
- Baby Food Retailing
- Economic Background
- Key Macroeconomic Forecasts
- Prospects & Forecasts
- Birth & Population Projections
- Forecast Overview
- Future Trends