ForeSights: DNA-Based Diets
DNA-based diets are diet recommendations and food or drink products that are tailored for an individual's unique DNA profile. The concept promises a new level of precision in dieting plus significant health and wellness benefits.
DNA-based diets elevate the food trend toward customization to a whole new level. By using a person's unique DNA profile, diet recommendations as well as food and drink products can be tailored to how a person's body actually breaks down and metabolizes food.
Reasons to buy
- Current dietary guidelines are largely based on a one-size-fits-all model that may not work for everyone.
- Nutrigenomics - the study of how genes and nutrients interact at a molecular level - provides the backbone for DNA-based diets.
- DNA-based diets use data on how your genes respond to different foods and nutrients to make specific, individualized food and diet recommendations.
- Innovation in DNA-diets not only includes personalized meals based on an individual's DNA, but also delivery of those meals directly to consumers, as the Habit brand does.
- Some evidence suggests that DNA-based diets may work better than regular diets for weight loss.
- Privacy issues could be a major hurdle for DNA-based diets. A majority of consumers globally are concerned about identity fraud, and the security of DNA samples and profiles is an issue.
- Provides an early warning system for emerging trends, threats, and opportunities in fast-moving consumer goods.
- Drives analysis of potential future consumer behavior.
- Generates ideas and inspiration for new product development.
- About ForeSights
- TrendSights review