Coal Mining in Turkey to 2020
Turkey had 8.7 billion tonnes (Bnt) of coal reserves, or 1% of global proven coal reserves at the end of 2014. Of this total, 8.4Bnt comprises lignite, while the remaining 0.3Bnt is bituminous. Turkish lignite reserves have high moisture content and low-calorific value lignite (below 2,000kcal/kg) accounts for approximately 70% of the country’s lignite reserves.
Timetric's 'Coal Mining in Turkey to 2020' report comprehensively covers Turkish reserves of coal by region, proximate analysis of lignite deposits and proximate analysis of Turkish coal versus coal produced by other major countries, the historic and forecast data on coal production and production split by grade and type, coal prices, historic and forecast consumption by end-use sectors, imports and imports by country.
The report also includes factors affecting demand for Turkish coal, profiles of major coal producing companies and information on the active and development coal projects.
The Fiscal Regime section provides information about the country’s regulatory authority, laws, licenses and other fiscal regime information such as taxes, rates and other charges applicable to the mining of the commodity in the country.
It is an essential tool for companies active in Turkish mining and for new competitors considering entering the industry.
The report contains an overview of the Turkish coal mining industry, together with the key factors affecting the industry and demand for the commodity.
It also provides information about Turkish reserves, historic and forecast data on coal production, production by grade and type, consumption and imports, the competitive landscape and active and development coal projects.
Reasons To Buy
Gain an understanding of the coal mining industry in Turkey, coal reserves, historic and forecast data on coal production, Northwest Europe Marker prices, consumption and imports, demand drivers, active and development coal projects, the competitive landscape and the country's fiscal regime.
- The Turkish mining sector covers 68 exploitable minerals and metals within approximately 4,500 mineral deposits.
- Turkey was the 12th-largest global producer of coal at 70.6 million tonnes (Mt) in 2014, up by 16.9% over 2013.
- According to the Turkish Energy Strategy (2015–2020), the government plans to generate 30% of its electricity from coal and aims to increase total installed capacity to 100GW by 2020. Presently, share of coal in domestic electricity generation lies in the range of 25–30%.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- COAL MINING IN TURKEY - RESERVES, PRODUCTION, CONSUMPTION AND TRADE
- Reserves by Geographic Region and Country
- Proximate Analysis of Coal
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Typical Proximate Analysis of Various Coals
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Typical Proximate Analysis of Turkish Lignite
- Historic and Forecast Production
- Production by grade - lignite and bituminous
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Historic and Forecast Production by Grade - Lignite and Bituminous (Million Tonnes), 2000-2020
- Production by type - thermal and coking
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Historic and Forecast Production by Type - Thermal and Coking (Million Tonnes), 2000-2020
- Coal Prices
- Active Mines
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Active Mines, 2015
- Development Projects
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Development Projects, 2015
- Consumption vs Trade
- Domestic consumption by end use sectors
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Historic and Forecast Coal Consumption by Sector - Power Generation and Industry (Million Tonnes), 2000-2020
- Coal Imports
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Historic and Forecast Coal Imports (Million Tonnes), 2001-2020
- Imports by country
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Import by Country (Million Tonnes), 2014
- Demand Drivers
- MAJOR COAL PRODUCERS IN TURKEY
- Turkiye Komur Isletmeleri Kurumu
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Turkiye Komur Isletmeleri Kurumu (TKI) Projects, 2015
- Electricity Generation Company (Elektrik Uretim)
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Electricity Generation Company Projects, 2015
- Turkiye Taskomuru Kurumu (TTK)
- Table Coal Mining in Turkey - Turkiye Taskomuru Kurumu Projects, 2015
- FISCAL REGIME
- The Turkish Mining Industry - Governing Bodies
- Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources (MENR)
- The Turkish Mining Industry - Governing Law
- The Turkish Mining Industry - Ownership and License Types
- Ownership of Minerals
- Mining License
- Exploration License/Certificate
- Operation License
- Operation Permit
- The Turkish Mining Industry - Rights and Obligations
- The Turkish Mining Industry - Key Fiscal Terms
- Royalty Rates
- Corporate Tax
- Loss Carry Forward
- Property Tax
- Withholding Tax
- Table The Mining Industry in Turkey - Withholding Tax Rates (%), 2015
- Stamp Duty
- Motor Vehicle Tax
- Table The Mining Industry in Turkey - Depreciation Tax Rates (%), 2015
- Secondary Research
- Primary Research
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services