Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market - Global Industry Size, Share, Trends, Opportunity, and Forecast, 2018-2028
Global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market is expected to register significant growth during the forecast period, 2024-2028. The increasing focus on contract manufacturing companies in expanding their capabilities to manufacture biological drugs, along with establishing new services to meet the growing demand of biopharmaceutical companies, which is expected to bolster the growth of the market. Further, the increasing investment in advanced manufacturing technologies by Contract Development & Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs) is a major factor, which is anticipated to drive the market growth in coming years. Also, increasing drug development and manufacturing activities by pharmaceutical companies is propelling the growth of global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market. For instance, in 2022, INCOG BioPharma Services, the Indiana-based contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) which specialize in sterile injectables, unveiled that the construction of its manufacturing facility and global headquarters in Fishers, is almost completed.
Contract manufacturing is a form of outsourcing where a manufacturing company enters into an agreement with another manufacturing firm to develop innovative products and services.
Global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market is segmented into sector, product type, service, drug type, company, and region. Based on service type, the market is segmented into pharmaceutical manufacturing services, biologics manufacturing services and drug development services. The pharmaceutical manufacturing services is further segmented into pharmaceutical API manufacturing services and pharmaceutical FDF manufacturing services. Similarly, the biologics manufacturing services is segmented into biologic FDF manufacturing services and biologics API manufacturing services. Among these, the pharmaceutical manufacturing services holds largest market share and is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period. This is attributed to the increasing number of sterile formulations and intensive drug development activities.
Based on region, Asia Pacific is expected to register fastest growth during the forecast period owing to improving healthcare infrastructure and availability of highly skilled workforce. Many pharmaceutical companies are setting up their manufacturing units in countries such as China and India, due to low manufacturing and operational costs. Therefore, making Asian countries hub for outsourcing.
Major companies operating in global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market include Jubilant Pharmova Limited, JRS PHARMA GmbH & Co, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Lonza Group, Rentschler Biotechnologie GmbH, Inno Biologics Sdn Bhd, INCOG BioPharma Services, Baxter Biopharma Solutions, Catalent Pharma Solutions, and Kemwell Biopharma Private Limited. Leading companies are continuously carrying out research and development activities to bring new medicines. Also, favourable regulations by government in regions such as Asia Pacific is enabling manufacturers to expand their businesses efficiently.
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market.
- To forecast global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market based on sector, product type, service, drug type and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions etc. in global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical manufacturing companies across the globe. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the companies which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research.
TechSci Research calculated global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market size using a bottom-up approach, where data for various end user industries and its application across various product types were recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analysing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also used by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical manufacturers/companies and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, industry associations, forums and alliances related to pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing companies, partners, end users etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Global Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market, By Sector:
- Global Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market, By Product Type:
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API)
- Finished Dosage Formulation
- Oral Liquids
- Advanced Drug Delivery Products
- Over the Counter (OTC) Medicines
- Nutritional Products
- Global Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market, By Service:
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Services
- Pharmaceutical API Manufacturing Services
- Pharmaceutical FDF Manufacturing Services
- Biologics Manufacturing Services
- Biologics FDF Manufacturing Services
- Biologics API Manufacturing Services
- Drug Development Services
- Global Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market, By Drug Type:
- Originator / Patented
- Global Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market, By Region:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- North America
- United States
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in global pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market.
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Profit Margin Analysis
- Profit margin analysis in case of direct and indirect sales channel.
Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order.